Special

Chapter 5

Vice's POV

We've been playing NBA2K14 in the game room for hours. As of now, my team is winning while Peter's team is 15 points behind.

"Fuck!" Peter cussed, missing the 3-point shot with 5 seconds left on the clock.

The game finished with my team scoring 114 and his team scoring 99 points.

"Better luck next time." I teased, feeling victorious.

"Shut up. You just got lucky." Peter said, glaring at me so I snicker in response. He took the glass of wine in front of him and downs it in one go.

While he glowers over his lost, I walked towards the fridge to grab a can of soda and prop myself up the counter.

We're both lucky that Lester's not here. He would have made us look like amateurs.

After a quiet minute, I watched as Peter jumps up from the couch to walk over to the island counter by the snack bar at the end of the room. He grabbed two small potato chips and threw one at me.

"So tell me about that new girl. You met her already?" He asked as he opened his bag of chips.

I pretended to not know who he's talking about and gave him a look of confusion. He rolled his eyes at me and sat back down on the sofa.

"That girl from last night, the one with chef Lou." He said, continually throwing chips in his mouth, while I put mine aside.

"Oh." I said, remembering the first time I saw her in the kitchen. "Karylle?"

"Yeah, her." Peter leaned forward, nodding.

"What about her?" I asked, the question also echoing in my head. What about her that made me so curious. Too curious that I found myself frequently staring at her since we first met. I don't know why exactly, but there's just something about her. Something familiar. And it's bugging me.

"She's interesting." My brother said with a smile, that same smile he would always get whenever an idea pops in his head.

There's only one meaning behind that smile and it's not good. He's planning on making Karylle his next target.

What a douche.

"Pete. Not her." I stated, already knowing his plan.

First he'll try to win her, get what he wants and do what he wants with her, and then break her heart. I've known him my whole life. I've pretty much memorized his game plan.

He started laughing, pieces of chips falling onto the floor. "What are you talking about?"

"I know you Pete, don't play with her."

He grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it at me. I caught the pillow and threw it back at him.

Peter smothered another laugh and shook his head."I'm not going to play with her. I like her." He said, standing up and walking over to the sliding door that leads to the outside balcony.

I shook my head. As if I'll ever believe him. "That's what you always say to every girl you've ever played with."

"Yeah well, this is different. She's different." He faced me and smiled like an idiot. "She's playing hard to get." He smirked, fixing his leather jacket. "And you know I always like a good challenge." And with that, he grabbed his keys from the bowl and walked out of the room.

This can't be good.

-

After that talk with Peter, I went straight to my sister's room. She wasn't answering when I knocked so I just entered. And there she was, still on the bed, sleeping.