'Hello!'  a cheerful voice greeted her as she pulled the door open.

Rebecca's smile deepened, becoming real as she watched the petite woman walk into the house, her heels clicking on tiled floor. 'hi, Shona.'

'You remember my name,' Shona laughed as she removed her jacket and placed it on the jacket holder. 'I thought you wouldn't remember me with my clothes on.'

Rebecca blushed faintly as the other woman reminded her of the first time they met. 'No, I remember you. Please follow me,' she led the way to where Jeremy was.

'Darling!' Shona exclaimed as she threw herself in Jeremy's arms.

Rebecca swung from leg to leg as she witnessed the couple kissing as though she was not there. Blushing she turned to head to the kitchen when the doorbell rang. Turning to see if Jeremy and Shona were done, she shook her head and went to the front door.

'Aah, you must be my date for tonight,' Marko drawled as his eyes travelled up and down on her body. 'A very sexy date, for that matter.'

Rebecca ducked her head to hide the pink flush as she moved aside to let Marko in. 'Jeremy and Shona are already in the dining room,' she told him as she made her way to the kitchen. She quickly switched off the stove and started arranging the serving plate.

'Need any help?'

Rebecca turned in surprise at the voice, 'I-no, I am alright.' She watched as Marko came into the room, a glass of whiskey in his hand.

'Oh, I don't mind,' he said as he stopped in front of her, his smile that of amusement. 'I have to escape the kissing couple anyway They can't seem to keep their hands off each other. Have they been like that since Shona arrived?'

Rebecca shrugged and refrained from answering, instead she focused on the job at hand. Balancing the serving dish, she started making her way to the dining room.

'Give me that,' Marko said as he placed his drink on the cabinet top and reached for the serving platter in Rebecca's hands.

'It's alright,' Rebecca replied as she tried to go around him.

'Nonsense,' Marko removed the platter and led the way. 'Come with my drink, will you.'

Rebecca stopped for a few seconds, staring after the tall man before her before shaking herself back to reality and collecting his drink and following him.

'Lady and gentleman, dinner is served,' Marko called as he strode into the dining room.

Shona turned from Jeremy's arms, 'mmh, something smells delicious!' she took a seat that Jeremy was holding out for her. 'Looks delicious as well!'

Jeremy took a seat next to Shona, 'can't wait to tuck in.'

Rebecca started pulling her own chair when Marko stopped her. 'Nonsense,' he mumbled. 'You are my date so it's my pleasure to hold the chair for you.'

Rebecca smiled up at Marko, missing the slight frown on Jeremy's face. 'Thank you, Marko.'

'Anything for my pretty date.'

Shona burst out laughing, 'when was the last time you were on a date, Marko? You seem so excited!'

'It's not frequent that I get a date with a woman who has read my work and appreciated it.'

Shona turned her brown eyes to Rebecca, 'really now?'

Jeremy cleared his throat, 'I am famished! Can we eat?'

For a few minutes, there was silence as everyone started serving themselves. Rebecca was a bit worried about the food. Even though she was a good cook, she had only cooked for her family and Lily and no one else.