Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Sorry if I use fake photos lol. I'll just say it in the disclaimer so no one gets confused. 🙃

~

Flashback to November 22,1963

Jackie could still remember the way the sun looked that day. The way there were no clouds in the sky. The sun hung down, casting its rays down on them. Jackie had felt shakingly hot, the Chanel suit biting into her skin. But she didn't say a word. She knew Jack loved that suit.

She remembered reaching over to grab her sunglasses which she put on. Jack stopped her.

"No, Jackie," he said. "Let them see your eyes."

Those were the last words he'd speak to her ever again. She obediently tucked the sunglasses down onto her seat, and then looked back at the crowds. Bill was doing a good job of steering away and making those turns, in the fact of Jack's back.

As she waved, she heard the sound of what sounded like a shot. It sounded like a firecracker to her. She turned her head a little to inspect the noise. She saw Jack grab at his throat.

Jackie looked back on that being confused. What's happening? Is Jack okay?

As she looked at him, she could see his expression. It looked the way like a press reporter would be asking a question and he was ready to answer it. That was his last expression.

Jackie blinked once and then saw his head get fractured into a melon shot. The shot pulsed through his head, exploding upon impact. Jackie gasped feeling the sticky sense of blood all over her. Thinking quickly, she went to retrieve something from the trunk. A piece of his skull...

She went to grab it but as soon as she did, something pushed her down. She looked up and managed to see Clint Hill, pushing her down. He was yelling, but Jackie was in a daze.

He pushed her down and shielded her. She was screaming, not even knowing Clint was there. "My God, they have shot his head off! I have his brains in my hands!" She tried to hold Jack's head in.

<>

Present day, December 1963

She woke suddenly, jolting at the memory and she rolled over seeking the warmth of someone who wasn't there. Yawning a little, Jackie Kennedy sat up.

She sighed softly and looked around her new room. Clint wasn't here yet, she'd chosen him and two other agents to guard her and the children.

She changed into a robe and slipped it on before walking out to make breakfast. The children were asleep. It was a Saturday morning of course. She cooked the eggs when she heard a knock at the door followed by Clint walking inside. "Morning, Clint," she said in her breathy voice.

"Mrs. Kennedy," he nods. She turns around.

"Clint, please," she said softly. "Just Jackie."

"Yes, Mrs-Jackie," Clint quickly corrects himself. She shakes her head and cracks the egg onto the boiler. She heats it up. Clint watches her as she cooks.

She finally takes them and slips them onto the plate. She looks up at Clint. "Come on, Clint. Sit."

"But, Mrs... Jackie... I really shouldn't..." She placed her finger on his lips.

"Sh," she whispered. Clint swallowed hard. "Just sit."

He slowly sits down. She dumped some eggs onto his plate. "Eat," she said.

He shifts uncomfortably. She shakes her head. "Christ, Clint. How am I going to get to eat?"

He finally scoops up some and starts to eat. Jackie stares at him. She wants to make a move on him so badly. He's really handsome, she's known that since the day she met him.

She smiled bitterly at the memories. She remembered how she wanted nothing to do with him. She didn't like the feeling of agents swarming around like bees on a honey stick.

But now he was really all she had left. All she had left of Jack. She sighed softly. Jack has become so affectionate with the agent that every time she looked into Clint's eyes, she saw him.  Jack...

Clint had finished and was looking at her. Jackie decided to make her move. She rested her hand on his thigh.

He looked up at her startled. "Mrs. Kennedy, I..."

"Sh," she put a finger to his lips. "Jackie, not Mrs. Kennedy..."

He swallowed hard. "Jackie what about your husband?"

She shakes her head. "He's gone," she said.

With that said, she leaned in for the deep passionate kiss.