Dinner

Lea's POV

I'm heading to Dawn's house because the mini reunion will happen today. It's Friday in the evening and I left the office early so I wouldn't be stuck in the traffic.

I opened the radio and a familiar song from Whitney Houston suddenly played.

I used to cry myself to sleep at night
But that was all before he came
I thought love had to hurt to turn out right
But now he's here
It's not the same, it's not the same

Yes, my life wasn't the same when I had him.

I sang along with the song while looking at the beautiful lights of Manila. Just seeing this makes me feel so relax. One thing I love about when my eyes is struck by lights, it makes me calm and my whole being is at peace.

He fills me up
He gives me love
More love than I've ever seen
He's all I've got,
He's all I've got in this world
But he's all the man that I need

And in the morning when I kiss his eyes
He takes me down and rocks me slow
And in the evening when the moon is high
He holds me close and won't let go
He won't let go

" I love you no matter what. Thank you for being a part of my life. I don't know what to do if I'll lose you."

That lines from the song just reminded me of my past. I admit that I still can't get over it. It was hard to accept that I had to let him go. No, that it was hard to let them go.

I just arrived from Dawn's house. I could see Dawn and Richard coming from the gate.

" Omg lei! I miss you! Kamusta ka naman?!" Dawn asked. I hugged her tight cause gosh! I haven't seen her for a while!

"Oo nga lea! Sobrang busy mo naman ata sa company mo kaya nakalimutan mo na kami!" Richard said. Tsk. Hanggang ngayon ganyan pa rin mag-isip yan. Napaka talaga.

"Sira ulo! Buti nga naisipan niyo mag mini reunion eh" I said. We went inside and I really like how the dinner table is set. Medyo formal. But it fits for all of us.

I saw Vice with her girlfriend Karylle and Jodi with Ian. Who wouldn't have thought na magiging sila. Eh parang aso't pusa yan dati ehh.

They greeted me with beso and had a small talk.

"Kamusta naman ate lei?" Karylle asked.

"Okay naman ako. Still busy with some projects that we have to do in the company but so far so good." I said. It's really nice that I'm able to take good care of the company which my parents are entrusting me with.

"Wala ka bang balak bumalik sa showbiz and broadway industry? I'm sure people will accept you as soon as you decide to go back." Jodi said.

"Siguro pag wala nang masyadong ginagawa sa office. I'm still busy with projects to finish. Now that I have the company, I have to make it as part of my decision making now." I said. I can't just leave the office and someone take over if I'll be back performing.

"But if opportunity will come and I'll be performing again, then i'll grab it as long as I will be able to look after the company."

I saw Richard coming with a frie--- WAIT. He's the person I saw in the Resto with the little girl!

"Guys.. Meet my friend. Aga Muhlach." Richard Said. Ohh so he's name is Aga Muhlach.

Our friend approached him, same as me.

"Hi I'm Lea! I think I saw you in the resto the other day." I said. I'm sure it was him. He looks kinda familiar.

"Ohh yah.. I own that Restaurant. How's your experience there?" So he's the owner.

"Really? Ikaw pala may - ari ng resto. Actually, the place and the ambiance is nice. It's so relaxing and your employees are so accommodating." I said with honesty.

"Talaga. Thank you! I'm happy with your feedback! I own it for 2 years and hands-on talaga ako." Aga said.

"Guys tara na. Let's eat!" Dawn said. We started to seat in the dining table. I'm beside Aga.

He's nice to talk to though. It's easy to be comfortable with him. Parang ang gaan lang niyang kausap. Minsan lang ako maging ganun sa taong kakikilala ko pa lang.

Aga's POV

Richard invited me to a dinner with his friends. Para naman daw kahit papano may Social Life ako. Puro business na lang daw ang inaatupag ko. Well, anong magagawa ko. Business na lang ang meron ako. And I can't afford to lose that since it has always been my past time. I just really love what I'm doing.

Back to the dinner, I saw Richard's friends and Lea was part of them. I remember when I saw her in my restaurant.

She's approaching me.

" Hi I'm Lea! I think I saw you in the resto the other day." Lea said. Well who wouldn't know Lea Salonga? She's the Broadway Diva! I just don't know kung ba't nag quit siya from showbiz industry.

"Ohh yah.. I own that Restaurant. How's your experience there?" Mukhang nagulat siya when she knew that I was the owner

"Really? Ikaw pala may - ari ng resto. Actually, the place and the ambiance is nice. It's so relaxing and your employees are so accommodating."

"Talaga. Thank you! I'm happy with your feedback! I own it for 2 years and hands-on talaga ako." Whew. Buti naman nagustuhan niya yung place.

"Guys tara na. Let's eat!" I heard Dawn shouting so we went to the dining table. I was beside Lea and parang ang tahimik naman niya.

We were eating and we talked about our work and eventually having a family.

"Ang saya siguro if meron ka nang mga anak." Richard said

"Sobra.. Pag nakita mo lang yung ngiti nila mawawala ang pagod mo." So Lea just suddenly spoke. And I can see sadness in her eyes when she said that. There's something with her.

And the weird thing is bigla na lang tumahimik lahat when Lea spoke. Well I think there is something behind what she said.

Richard broke the silence "We're going to announce something guys!"

We we're all looking at Richard and Dawn.

"We're getting married!" Then Dawn raised her left hand and showed her engagement ring.

Every one stood up and greeted the two a congratulations.

After greeting them my eyes saw Lea going somewhere.

Lea's POV

I'm so happy for Dawn and Richard! They waited this long for the engagement to happen. After I congratulated them I went to the terrace of Dawn's house and I was mesmerized by the view.

"It's amazingly beautiful!" I said to myself while looking at the view

"Sobra!" A voice that I heard from behind