Prologue

Author's note: This is my first story. I will try to update as soon as possible but, i am busy, so updates will be slow until the summer. Thank you for giving my book a chance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It has been two hundred years from the reign of King Maxon, and Queen America. The years of prosperity. Fifty years after they passed, the new king and Queen rebuked their treaty for disputing the caste system. Since they kept birth records; they shoved everyone back into the old caste. The lower caste are treated worst then they ever were before. The royal family is rumored to be cruel and unforgiving. They through lavish parties, making the villagers starve because of the expense. The selection is still going hard and strong. With much more rules as before. Some new rules including: If you talk back to any member of the royal family, you will be striped of your rank and kicked out. If you are caught posting anything while in the castle, or about the selection that is not shown online, or during the broadcast, your out. No talking or texting to any boys during the competition, etc. They cracked down hard on the rules, as Illea entered the age of technology, and people can get away with so much more. The old traditions are still in place. There are still kings and queens, arrange marriages, market days, caste systems, and so on. Only now it's easier to talk to people and book gigs, also apps help pass the time.

In the royal family, the king's name is Michael, his queen, Isabella; and their precious son Cole. That's not his full name, that would take to long to spell, and you would have a much to hard of a time trying to pronounce it. Cole has a sister Emily, however she is not talked about much in the magazines. The royals are shutting her away and trying to hide her teenager rebellious sage from the tabloids. They don't do a very good job.

It is the time of year for the selection. Yay! Every girl's favorite. Prince Cole's selection, consisting of 35 girls is the best time of year, for all who qualify. Everyone has hopes of being the next queen, and the wife of dreamy prince Cole. There are contests, and balls, dates, and meals to see which contestant can win the heart of prince Cole, and is fit to be a Queen.

However, what if the Prince likes someone; not in the competitions, someone who's just a lowly 7. What then. That my friends is where I come in.