PROLOGUE.

“And then, the prince took the beautiful young girl in his arms and said, Will you marry me?,“ Anne said, sighing, “Yes, she whispered, I will be your princess.”

Anne closed the book and placed it in her lap.

“Did they live happily ever after?” Gemma asked, jumping of excitement all over the bed.

“Of course Gems,” Anne said, standing up from the chair beside Harry’s bed.

“How do you know?” Harry asked lying in his little bed.

“Because they were good, well behaved; if one of them had been naughty, the other one would have run away,” Anne said, pinching Harry’s rosy-pale cheek.

“What a pile of shit,” Harry said, Gemma rolling her eyes and Anne shaking his head, furious.

Like every 5 year old, Harry Styles was happy, carefree, joyful; all of those things 5 year olds are. He had one lovely mother, Anne, a comprehensive adorable step-father, Robin and a not-so-cool but nice older sister, Gemma. You could even say, Harry was a normal kid. 

But Harry had something slightly different from the rest of the kids his age; something not everyone could have, something not even the grown-ups could understand; he had an imaginary friend.

And no, not just an imaginary friend, but he had Louis.

Louis was Harry's imaginary friend. Louis seemed to be at least 18 year olds, although every time Harry asked him, Lou would say something like 568 years or even 1.459 years. Never the real age. Like a little pixie, Louis would jump around and loudly laugh every time Harry and he was into something. He had feathery brownish hair styled in a massive chaos, always in his face. With his beautiful deep blue eyes, he could make Harry agree to whatever he wanted to do. 

Anyways, Harry had Louis and Harry loved Louis. No, but not the kind of cheesy romantic love, iuk, no, not that kind of love. Harry was too young to have that love, and Louis was to carefree to even think about love.

Everything was perfect for both of them; every time Harry was feeling sad or didn't have any friends to play with, Louis would appear and bright Harry's day. And Harry loved it, to have someone like Louis that understand him and support him. 

The only problem was, Louis was a big wave of mischievous.

Whenever Louis would appear, Harry ended up in problems. And it wasn't Louis intention, no. The thing is, when they played, they didn't care about Gemma's belongings or about the expensive plates in the dining room, or even the just cleaned carpet in the living room. No, they didn't care.

And every time Harry wanted to explain it wasn't his fault, but Louis who wanted to smashed the plates, or play with mud or use cut Gemma’s head’s doll to play golf, his parents would not believe him, and blame Harry for all the disasters.

But, what could Harry possibly do? He was 5 years and no matter what he said, nobody believed him. He was sure all the fault was Louis. Louis have done it. Louis was real. At least for him.

It was the same routine always. Harry would be bored, Louis appeared and they would do something that ended up bringing problems, scolding, punishments and sometimes even Harry ended up grounded. 

Everything changed one night, when Gemma and Harry were in the house, waiting for their parents to return from a dinner. Gemma was, as always chatting with her friends, texting and doing her nails. Gemma was in charge of Harry in the meantime, but that didn't mean Gemma was aware of what Harry was doing. 

Harry, in the other hand, was having a massive war in his room. He and Louis made fort blankets, throwing things to each other, recreating some kind of war that never existed. Harry, being only 5, didn't know what a proper war was, so whenever he was getting tired, he would make a treat with Louis; Harry could win if he promised to give Louis his candy for the rest of the week. And Louis liked that treat. 

The phone started ringing and Harry groaned, yelling to Gemma for her to answer. Due to there was no answer from Gemma, Harry paused the game and got out of the room to answer the phone. 

"Haz, don't answer the phone, let it ring," Louis said, smirking widely. 

"But if we don't answer the phone, mum and dad may get angry," Harry said, turning to Louis, "what if it's an important call?"

"Well, if its an important call, shouldn't Gemma answer?" Louis said, arching a brow. 

Yeah, maybe Louis was right. Harry was only 5 for godsakes. Gemma was 12. She should be the one answering the phone. 

So Harry let the phone ring and they returned to Harry's room, decided to play something else, until Harry's parents arrive. 

But Harry's parents would never arrived. They would never returned. 

When the phone started to ring the second time, Gemma answered only to receive bad news. 

That phone call was from the hospital, apparently Harry's parents had an accident. A disastrous accident. In the way to their home, while Robin was driving, chatting up with Anne, happily, anxious to see their son and daughter, they didn't saw that a trailer was coming up, with high speed, not able to control such an enormity of car. The result, an accident and Harry's parents dead. 

That day was the last time he had seen his parents; Anne kissing his forehead, whispering to his son 'I love you' while grabbing her coat from the closet next to the entry, Robin hugging Gemma, telling her to take care and called them if anything was necessary.

That was the last time Harry had a happy carefree day. That was the last time he remembered seeing Louis. The instant Gemma came over his room sobbing, hugging Harry, Louis vanished, he dissapeared. 

Harry was 5 years old, Gemma was 12 years old. And yet, they were foster kids. Thank god for Nana, Harry and Gemma's grandmother because if it wasn't for her, maybe they would have been giving in adoption or sent to a foster home. 

That day, Harry learnt that you can't always smile, that not everything is okay and also, not everyone is forever. 

✖✖✖

A/N: please, comment what you thought and feedback is appreciated. xx :)