25.

Be There

|One Month Later|

|One Month Later|

"You okay." August's mama asked me.

"My mouth dry." I rubbed my stomach.

"Imma get chu ice." She said before walking off.

"Girl I'm bout to snatch one of this fine ass doctors." Jay sat next to me.

"Can you not be a hoe for one minute?" I laughed.

"Ummm." She tapped her chin acting as if she was thinking.

" She tapped her chin acting as if she was thinking

"No." She shook her head, laughing.

"I believe you." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Where's August?"

"Who knows." I sighed, closing my eyes I got as comfortable as I could, while wait for my ice.

"He irritates me." She mumbled.

I really didn't wanna talk about it so I just stayed silent.

"Ohh there goes my future baby daddy."

"Oh my God." Laughing I knew, she was talking about my doctor, Josh.

"You got twenty minutes Nikki." He came over to check on my vitals.

"Hey Josh." Jay flirted.

"Stop it." I looked over at her.

"Hey Jay." He chuckled before walking off.

"Why you cock blockin'?" Jay cut her eyes at me.

"Here Josh said you can have some apple juice." Mama Sher came back.

"Thank you." I took the drank out her hand. "You talk to August?" I took a sip.

She shook her head no before looking disappointed. "Imma whoop his ass."

"Grown man still getting whoops. Ha!!" Jay laughed making me laugh.

"Shut up."

>>>>

"Cause you will always be my baby do do." I sung to Liyah as she ate her pasta.

She giggled as I grabbed her hands slick cleaning them, while dancing

She giggled as I grabbed her hands slick cleaning them, while dancing. My front door opened making me stop, August came in looking high.

"Da da." Liyah smiled, holding a noodle out for him to eat.

"He not hungry baby." She brought the noodle to her mouth eating it instead. "Okay all done." I cleaned her hands again before picking her up. "Let's watch the Bubble Guppies." I sat her on the couch turning the tv on Nick Jr..

Going to the kitchen I began washing the dishes, August came behind me, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my neck.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled. "A nigga fucked up I know I did. And I'm not high, dis is sleep."

I wanna be so mad right now but I couldn't, only a real man know his wrongs.

"And when ever yah next treatment is I'm be der', matta fact imma drive yah dea'."

"So your mama must have talked some since in dat noggin." I turned around.

"Actually no a nigga just been thinkin'." August licked his lips. "I love you." He grabbed my ass, kissing me.

"Mhmm I love you too." I kissed him back. "I hope you know you not getting no booty for a minute."

"Mannnn." He smacked his teeth.

"You hungry?" I smiled.

"Nah I'm good beybeh." He kissed me again. "I'm bout ta go ta sleep." He let me go walking out the kitchen.

"Moovvee." Liyah whined

"No you moovvee." August mocked her. "Go ova'!" He continued to bother her.

Liyah sighed, seconds later I heard her little foot steps.

"Ma ma." She hit me.

"Yes baby?" I laughed, looking down at her.

Liyah began talking as if I understood what she said. All I made out was Da da and move.

"Daddy messing with you?" She nodded. "He better leave my baby alone." I said loud enough so August could hear.

"Ain't nobody botherin' yah ugly self!!" August yelled.

"Go beat him up."

Liyah walked off, few seconds later August was screaming.

>>>>