Chapter 19// The Setup

Start from the beginning

Silently taking my hand in his, Auston led me down the stairs and I gasped when I saw what the others had done. The dining room was set up like the previous night, except this time, a mountain of different breakfast foods lined the table. I was shocked.

"This isn't the best part," Auston told me, and I looked up at him in confusion. There was more?

Taking me into the kitchen, several arrangements of white daisies were scattered all around the room. A few scented candles were going and what was even more impressive, you'd never know anyone had been cooking because the kitchen was spotless.

"Surprise!" I heard Lexi's voice cheer and I turned to face the older brunette.

"You guys didn't have to do this," I said, referring to my flowers and them making breakfast.

"But we wanted to, and to be honest, we all had fun doing it." She replied with a smile, before pulling me in for a hug.

"You should've seen us Alyss', Lexi, Will, Kappy, Brownie, and I went to Walmart at like two in the morning, it was hilarious," Care told me, as he'd entered the kitchen behind his girlfriend.

"I'm sure that was a fun adventure," I giggled, just thinking about it.

"Hey can you guys stop your chit-chat so we can eat already, I'm starving over here!" Will's voice echoed.

"Yeah because you're totally going to starve to death if we don't eat right this second," Lexi shot back, rolling her eyes.

"We're professional hockey players Lex! We need to eat," he bit back, grabbing a donut off the table and I smirked,

"Well since you just pointed out that you're a professional athlete William, do you really think eating that apple fritter is the greatest choice?" I asked, just as the blonde was about to bite into the luscious pastry. He sent me a look and pouted, before rolling his eyes and biting into the fritter anyways.

As everyone made their way to the table, I noticed two specific people were missing, "where's Mitch and Steph?" I asked.

Everyone else seemed to then take notice and Zach smirked, "they're still upstairs, and from what I could hear through the wall, those two were up all night with each other,"

My mouth made an 'O' shape and I just nodded. Auston furrowed his brow from beside me, "they slept upstairs together?"

"Well I don't know if I could consider what they were up to as sleeping, but they definitely shared the room together," Zach replied with a chuckle and Alannah swatted at him.

I couldn't help but smile. I was glad they were getting along and things seemed to be getting back to normal. I knew they missed each other and I was ecstatic that they recognized that too.

After breakfast was finished and everything was cleaned up, slowly everyone started to leave. The boys had their morning skate and a game the next day so the sooner they got back to Toronto the better. But I knew I'd see them all the next day.

By the time lunch rolled around, the only visiting cars remaining was Steph's and Mitch's, leaving Auston, Morgan, Kelsey and I downstairs, while Mitch and Steph had still failed to make an appearance.

"Should we check on them? Make sure neither of them killed each other?" Morgan asked.

Kelsey agreed, "I'm thinking because they still haven't moved that this was a murder suicide."

I laughed, "I don't think they would do that,"

"I don't know babe," Auston started from the seat next to mine, lazily wrapping his arm around the back of my shoulders, "this is Steph and Mitch after all. Stranger things have happened."