Chapter 3

They lay next to each other, breathing hard, looking into each other's eyes and smiling. "Thank you, Finn."

"For what?"

"For loving me, the way I love you."

"You're perfect, Millie, how could I feel anything else?"

They lay in silence for a few more minutes, feeling utterly content with each other's company, not wanting to break their perfect moment together.

"We should go back" she said, slightly sadly.

"I know..." replied Finn, looking at his watch. "We've got about 30 minutes...ready in 15, ok?"

*~~~~~~~~~~*

After he freshened up in the shower, Finn checked his phone to find over 20 messages waiting for him, all from the guys downstairs asking where he was. He smiled to himself, trying to think of what he was going to say. "Hey, Millie, are you ready?" he asked as he walked into her room.

"Can you zip me up?" she said.

"Wow Millie, how'd you manage to look so good so fast?"

"Just talented I guess" she answered with a smirk.

*~~~~~~~~~~*

They held hands all the way to the auditorium doors, but let go as Finn held the doors open for Millie.

"Finally! Where the hell did you guys go?" asked Caleb.

"I got bored, when I saw Millie outside I grabbed her and we went back to the room...I kicked her ass playing video games" lied Finn. Millie gave a disappointed face to the guys, like she was pissed that he'd beaten her.

"Well, there's a first time for everything" said Millie smirking, causing Finn to choke on the drink he'd just had.

*~~~~~~~~~~*

After the awards show they attended the after-party. It was fun as always, Caleb showing off his dance moves, Dustin entertaining everyone with his jokes, everyone able to relax in each other's company. For a few hours, Millie knew she was able to forget the danger, surrounded by these people she knew nothing could happen to her. Finn was truly happy to see the look of contentment on her face, and when Millie made eye contact with him it was all he could do to resist scooping her up in his arms and kissing her for all to see.

"Finn, I'm tired, I'm going to my room" said Millie.

"I'll walk you" he said. She smiled shyly, "just to make sure you're safe" he added.

They slipped out of the party unnoticed and made their way to the elevators, while waiting Finn took her hand in his. Neither of them looked at the other, instead watching the numbers light up as the elevator made its way down to them, and smiling.

As they approached Millie's door they both subconsciously slowed down, neither knowing what they were going to say. "Well, here we are" said Finn awkwardly, when they finally got there.

"Yep, here we are" agreed Millie. They looked at each other, each waiting for the other to do or say something that would allow them to say what they wanted.

Finn gave in first. Thinking that Millie wanted to be alone he said "goodnight Millie, just let me know if you need anything", and with that he kissed her on the cheek softly and turned away to go to his room.

She felt a sense of disappointment, she didn't know what she wanted to happen, but this definitely wasn't it. "Night Finn" she replied, if that's what he wants then what can I do... She went into her room shutting the door quietly.

She sat on the end of her bed for a long time, fiddling with her hands, thinking about Finn being in the next room...wishing he was in this one with her. She finally got up the courage and knocked quietly on the adjoining door, "Finn?"

What she wasn't expecting was for it to open almost immediately. Little had she realised that Finn had been trying to summon the courage to knock on his side of the door for the past 10 minutes. She jumped slightly in shock. "Sorry" he said, "I was...it doesn't matter" he stopped himself nervously, "are you ok?"

"Uh, yes...you said if I...needed anything, you know, I should let you know..."

"Yeah, of course, what do you need?"

Millie's surge of courage suddenly waned, "I...if..."

"Millie, it's ok, you can tell me anything" said Finn, taking one of her hands.

"Do you...do you think earlier was a mistake?" she asked, looking at the floor.

Finn didn't miss a beat, "if it was a mistake, there's nobody else on Earth I'd rather make it with" he replied with utter certainty.

She looked at his hand holding hers, then looked him in the eye, "if I asked you to stay with me..."

"Then I'd say yes, every time...always." And with that he pulled her close and kissed her.

*~~~~~~~~~~*