Chapter 6-Dinning With The Devil

Dinner was wonderful and horrible at the same time.  The maids dressed me in a deep blue sleeveless dress that reached to about my knees in the front and mid-thigh in the back.  

 The dress

 The dress

I was in awe.  It was so beautiful.  It must have cost quite a bit of money.  

The maids also did my make-up, something I had not done in a very long time.  They put on ruby lipstick, smoky eye shadow and a hint of blush.  It was just enough to make me look older and much prettier but not so much as to look gaudy.  I nearly didn't recognize myself when I looked in the floor-length mirror.  

I descended the stairs to the formal dining room.  It was elaborately decorated in red, gold, royal blue, and black.  The Queen was seated at the head of the table.  A spot had been set to her right.  She stood as I approached and I could see that she was wearing a long black dress hints of jewels.

"My dear, you must be very hungry after traveling for so long."  She said.  I nodded.  Now that I was in the dinning room and I could smell the delicious aromas wafting from the kitchen, my stomach was grumbling.  

I say down beside her.  "Sileena," I said, her name awkward on my tongue. "what's for supper?"  She laughed.  "The most glorious meal you will ever eat."  I nodded, still unsure what it meant, but excited at the prospect of food.

The servants brought out the food.  There were marvelous meats I had never tasted, cooked in every way I could imagine, and the best bread I had ever tasted.  Everything was so fresh and just the right temperature.  My favorite was the roasted meat (of what I did not know) that just melted on the tongue.  It had a flavor that was hard to describe.

There was ice water, many flavors of juices, and wine for Sileena.  The servants offered me some, but I declined.  My parents had always instructed me that the devil drank alcohol and feasted on the meat of carnivores.  I was content with the strawberry based drink Sileena had suggested.

Next came the desert.  There was rich chocolate cake with the center made of chocolate sauce, red velvet cakes that were only the size of my palm, and a deliciously cold, creamy substance that melted on my tongue.  When I asked her what they were all called, Sileena laughed.  "The cake is a lava cake, those are red velvet cupcakes, and this, this is iced cream."  I smiled.  I had never heard of even one of the marvelous concoctions.  

Some time later, it came upon me to ask what was the meat I had enjoyed so much.  Sileena's response horrified me.  "That?  Oh, that was roasted coyote."  I nearly ran from the room.  Only the devil ate the meat of full-blooded carnivores.  

I excused my self and retired to my chambers.  I stripped off the gown and changed into a nightgown.  Even now, the idea that Sileena's habits matched those of the devil astound me.

Thanks for reading!  Sileena's dress is at the top.  No offense meant with the devil.  They do not believe in the same devil as we do, but they use the same word.  I hope you enjoyed this segment.  Sorry for not updating in so long.  If you like sci-fi check out my short story.