"Oh it was nothing really. All in a days work." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"Risking your life for your comrades and putting them before yourself? That's awful brave." You smirk, kind of teasing him and enjoying his cockiness.

"What can I say? I've gotta do what I've gotta do." He sighs and leans back into the pillow comfortably. "It's really no big deal."

"Oh but it is." You say and give him a sideways look.

"I didn't catch your name?" He asks and cocks his head inquisitively.

"(Y/N)." You say sheepishly. "(Y/N) (Y/L/N). But your supposed to just refer to me as nurse."

"Well (Y/N), your the prettiest nurse I ever saw." He smirks softly and brushes your cheek, putting emphasis on your name.

"Aw thank you Bucky." You blush.

"You're welcome, (Y/N)." He smiles and nudges you softly when he uses your name.

------

It's been a few days since you treated Bucky Barnes and ever since then you can't help but get the feeling that your being followed or watched more than a few times. Sometimes you'll even look and see the flash of an army uniform as someone runs away.

One time when you feel it again as your walking between the barracks you're unable to stand it anymore you quietly follow the person around the corner and are surprised by who you find.

"Bucky?" You gasp. "What're you doing around here?"

"What?" He jumps when he gets caught, looking like a deer in the headlights. "Oh um nothing. Just, just running some errands." He shrugs casually and goes to lean against a tent but stumbles back when he slips because it's not solid.

"Um okay." You smirk and slowly begin to walk away.

"Wait!" He calls frantically.

"Yes?" You say politely and innocently as you turn on your heal, knowing exactly what he's doing and wanting to milk it for all it's worth.

"So, um, what brings you around here? Do you come here often?" He asks as cool as possible but looks super nervous.

"Bucky." You laugh. "The hospital tent is just over there. My living quarters are just back there. Of course I come here often. I have to walk this path every morning."

"O-oh right." He stutters. "Sorry which one is your tent?"

"Second in from the far left." You explain. "Why's that?"

"Oh, nothing." He shrugs again.

"Well I best be going." You smile. "Bye now. Glad to see you're feeling better."

"All because of you my lady." He calls after you as you go.

------

Two days later you find a bunch of buttercups have been picked, tied together with a piece of yarn and placed on your bed with a note tied to them.

Just a little thank you for saving my life the other day.

- Bucky

P.S. Sorry that they aren't exactly roses but they were the best flowers I could find around camp.

You break into a smile, your heart fluttering as you finish reading but at the same time you roll your eyes. You did not save his life. He was going to be okay whether you saw him or not. But of course from what you had gotten to know of Bucky so far he had to make everything extra dramatic.

------

"Oohh." You hear someone groan from behind you.

You choose to ignore them for a second as you clean your scalpel.

"Oooohhhh." They say again louder.

You huff and turn around to see Bucky hunched over and leaning against the wall for support.

"Bucky?" You gasp worried as he comes stumbling into the ward. "What's wrong?"

"My ankle." He winces as he limps over to you. "I think it's broken."

"I don't think it's quite broken if you can stand on it." You giggle. "But let me have a look." You add and put his arm around your shoulder to help him over to a bed.

"What did you do to it?" You ask as he hold up his right foot for you.

"Oh- um I, I ah, tripped over a tent peg." He says as if he is struggling to remember.

You can't help but burst out laughing.

"Seriously?" You crack up.

"Wait no! I mean we were um out on a training run, you know, working up a sweat and as we were running through this really big, rough, strong river a rock I was standing on slipped and crushed it." He exclaims proudly.

"Huh. That's quite different to a tent peg." You remark.

"Yeah I got mixed up with another guy who did that." He shakes his head but there is a cheeky grin on his face.

"And I didn't realise there were any rivers around here." You quirk an eyebrow.

"Oh no there is." He insists innocently but smirks. "It's a massive one. I was lucky to survive. It's a miracle I didn't drown doll."

"Of course it is Bucky." You sigh amusedly.

"Just imagine if that had happened doll." He says gravely.

"Oh it would've been a tragedy." You say dramatically. "By the way, i never got a chance to say thank you very much for the buttercups. They were very sweet." You smile.

"No problem, it's the least I could've done." He says softly.

"And Bucky, I can't seem to find anything wrong with your ankle." You smirk.

"Hm, that's strange. I could've swarm I hurt it." He winks.

"Or maybe you just wanted to spend time with me." You tease.

"Oh no that's not it at all." He shakes his head sarcastically.

------

A few days later Bucky comes back in again. You watch slightly concerned as another nurse approaches him.

"Oh no no, I need to be seen by that one." He says and points to you.

"Why?" The nurse asks accusingly.

"Because it's for a check up after an injury and she saw me last time." He insists.

"Okay hurry along then." She tuts and he rushes over to you, starting to limp halfway to you.

"A check up aye?" You smirk.

"It's still really sore." He shrugs playfully and winces silently as he holds up his left foot up to you.

"Bucky wasn't it your right foot last time?" You frown.

"Oh my gosh your right. It must've spread. The disease could be contagious. Quick you have to kiss me to make it better." He says frantically.

"Okay first of all one, an injured ankle, especially one that isn't actually injured can't spread and isn't a disease, and two, if it's contagious than I most definitely can't kiss you. Damn it." You shrug teasingly.

"Oh shit." He says, his face falling. "You're right aren't you."

"Yeah, sorry but it looks like the best thing for you to do would be to go rest." You sigh sadly.

"What kind of things can a kiss make better then?" He asks hopefully.

"Maybe when something hurts I guess." You shrug.

"Oh, well in that case. My lips are in absolute agony." He smirks.