3. "Friends"

It was once again a rainy day when I started school. I was already almost a proper adult, it was my last year. Even at the entrance ceremony everybody was looking at me as if I am an alien, I don't know why.

Since I knew that I was gonna be stressed, I brought my medicine with me. Yes, medicine. I haven't told this yet, but I had mental problems because of the way my mother treated me.

I walked into the classroom and the whole class immediately turned to me, they even stopped talking and just stared at me.

What I least expected was for Bokuto to appear out of nowhere and hug me, my stress levels were already off the charts, and that caused me to almost have a panic attack.

Speaking of Bokuto, he really was my neighbour. We actually talked quite a lot, I guess I could consider him my friend.

My introduction to my new classmates was.. Well it was something. I said my name, last name, age, where I moved from and that I hope that I can be friends with everyone. That was one of the biggest lies I have ever said.

I have to be thankful to Bokuto though. He helped me get my schedule, showed me around school, treated me to lunch, showed me all the secret places where students can go if they want to skip a class, described all teachers and classmates.. That was really sweet of him.

I remember coming back home after the first day, I immediately hid under the covers, I wanted to hide from the whole world and be in my own little world.

Bokuto had invited me to go to a cafe with him and his friends, but I wasn't mentally prepared for that. I took my phone and clicked on a random song, weirdly enough one of my favorites called "Hold Me Tight" started playing.

My dad probably understood how I felt and didn't bother me at all, he did all the chores by himself, which kinda made me feel bad. He was tired after work too.

I heard Bokuto calling me later in the evening, but I couldn't care less.

And so, there were many days like that ahead of me. I didn't really get along with my classmates, to them I seemed weird because I didn't like partying or hanging out a lot, we didn't really anything to talk about either. They would always talk about about parties, drinks, girls and what they did over the weekend, meanwhile me.. I could only talk about what drama I watched or how many painkillers I drank.

The only person who understood me was Bokuto. I felt kinda bad because he would neglect his friends to talk with me, he would go out of his way to sit with me during lunch, instead of eating with his friends. He invited me to their table numerous times, but I always refused.

His friends didn't really like me,I think they were mad that I took Bokuto away from them.

Bokuto, on the other hand, didn't care about that at all. I can't count how many times I asked him to go and be with his friends, he would always say the same thing:

"But then you would be alone"

Little by little I started feeling more free and comfortable around him, it was ofcourse a good sign, but I was afraid of opening up too much.

Once a rumor spread around school that Bokuto owed me something and that is why he was always around me. But it seemed like Bokuto didn't care about it at all, he said.. He said that he just wants to be with me...

.

.

.

.

.

I don't expect this fic to get more 2k reads if we're being honest, and that's completely fine, I have other fanfics to worry about.

Sorry for no updates. I've been hospitalized and couldn't do anything. So have this short one, I can do at least this much.

-hatari