Drawing Lines

Napamulagat si Francine nang bumukas bigla ang pinto ng walk-in closet sa kwarto nila ng asawa and the familiar bulk of his body filled the door.

Francine, wha ---- bigla itong tumigil sa gitna ng pagsasalita nito nang makita ang ayos niya. Wide-eyed, she stared back feeling the heat of humiliation rise up to her face.

Caught in the act trying on her supposed-to-be sexy outfit for the night.

Nang ma-realize niya na suot-suot niya ang pinakadaring na lingerie na binigay ni Margaux sa kanya, mas lalo lang nag-init ang pisngi niya sa kahihiyan as she frantically covered herself with whatever her hands could get hold of.

A --- lumunok siya to ease her drying throat. Anong kailangan mo?

Her heart started beating crazy nang lumapit ito sa kanya with a very dark look on his face. He stopped when his face was just a breath away from hers.

I needed this, sabi nito sabay kuha nang kung anong pinantakip niya sa nakahantad na dibdib. His fingers brushed the edge of her right breast and at the contact, her nipple puckered, straining against the lacy material of the lingerie.

Dominic looked down upon sensing her body's reaction and his look turned more menacing.

Wearing that tonight?

Si --- sinusukat ko lang . . . susu ----

I know what you're doing, Francine. Don't bother wearing that. It's no use if you're trying to seduce me.

naramdaman ni Francine ang pamilyar na sakit na dala ng insecurities niya na lumukob sa dibdib niya nang marining ang sinabi nito. 

It's no use . . .

It's no use . . .

It's no use . . .

Napayuko siya as the pain made her knees weak, threatening to buckle down. Only sheer will kept her upright.

She saw his feet turned towards the door and he was about to walk away when her hand shoot out as if it has a will of its own and landed on his arm.

Alam ko namang hindi ako magiging kaaya-aya sa paningin mo, Dominic. That if you had a choice, hindi ako ang pakakasalan mo. I'm sorry. I just wanted to feel what ---- like . . . like a real woman, you know, and I thought with you being as my husband, it should be with you, right? I --- well, six months is almost up at lilipat na rin naman tayo sa Manila. Y- you can find someone there, someone more worthy to . . . you know, sh---share your nights, and . . . I would, too. then she raised her watery eyes to his. I'm not doing this with high expectations. All I wanted was a taste . . . that's all.

Lifting her chin up kahit na nga gustong-gusto na niyang bumunghalit ng iyak, Francine stepped away from him and out the door.