chapter 5

Daryl needed advice. Serious advice. He couldnt belive he let himself, what- Flirt? with paul. Is that why Paul left so abruptly? Becuase he doesnt like Daryl that way? Theres no way to tell and he needed to get it all out. But not to sasha, no she and paul were close, and definitely not maggie becuase they were closer. Whats about.. Enid? She was a teenage girl and he was pretty sure her and Carl had something goin on so maybe, she could give him some boy advice. He hate that he'd thought of it was 'boy advice'.

Daryl sighed as he carried pauls book that he left back to the trailer. He never even considered if he was gay, he was sure he liked girls too. What was that called? bilingual? nono, Bisexual yeah. He wondered what merle would have thought if he had caught daryl putting a flower in a boys hair and asking him to stay the night in his bed. Okay so what if he was bisexual and liked a karate kicking man who called himself Jesus (though he had only ever called him by his real name), theres nothing wrong with that right? Everyone accapted tara and aaron and eric, sow hy woudl it be different for Daryl? Would they hate him? Would they laugh in his face? Shaking his head he decided to only tell Enid for now, and see how that went, he trusted her, though he knew teenage girls were notorious for gossip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul halfway sprinted into the barrington house, full of excitement. He burst into the office to see maggie looking out the window, by herself. "jesus, everything okay?"

"yeah yeah, wheres gregory?" he leaned both his hands on the desk.

"he decided he had better things to do." Maggie said and rolled her eyes.

"good becuase i've got to talk to you." He told her how his afternoon went down and didnt spare detail.

Maggie couldnt help but to giggle, it was so nice that someone so sweet and gentle had taken an intrest in Daryl. She hoped it all worked out.

"..it was so cute maggie i had to leave so i wouldnt reach up and kiss his stupid face and ruin the moment, oh god i left so suddely maybe he thinks i dont feel the same. But he didnt shy away from me, he made the first move. Even if it was to just put this silly flower in my hair. It has to mean something right?"

"I dont know Jesus i've never known Daryl to be.. affectionate. You could be right, but even then you have to be careful. Daryls big and stong on the outside but hes a small snail hidden inside his shell. I dont think he's ever had something like this. Take it slow."she put a hand on his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Daryl? why are you here?" Enid looked down at daryl from the doorway.

"Hey uh, can i come in?" Daryl bit his finger. Enid moved aside to let him in.

"everytihng okay?" She sat down on the couch. Daryl paced around the trailer.

"yes..no. You uh, listen you cant tell no one this Enid, promise me?" he pointed a finger at her. "yes yes of course." a grin forming on her face.

"you're a teenage girl you, you know all about boys.. how do ya, ya know, know if one likes you?" he looked at the floor and let his bangs fall in front of his face.

Enid smiled from ear to ear, "daryl, Paul likes you, you dont have to worry about that."

"wha- he does? how you know?" daryls head shot up.

"becuase he told sasha and sasha told me silly." Of course, girls and gossip. "do you like him back?" She leaned into the question. Daryl sat down in a chair at the kitchen table and held his head in his hands.

"hes such an ass and hes got the stupid name and hair and beard and he reads a lot and i. i hate him Enid but he-"

"stop stalling. yes or no daryl."

"I think so." Daryl huffed. Enid threw her hands up and clapped, screetching.

"AWW Daryl!!!! thats so cute oh my god!!"

"oh lord no dont you start that shit enid." he shook his head. "what the hell do i do now?"

"jsut be you, you dont have to do anything you dont want to. I can tell you dont exactly know what youre doing, seeing as though you came to take advice from a teenage girl. Jesus Knows you well enough to move at a speed that wont be too fast, and if it is you can tell him to slow down." darly nodded. "so... did you two kiss or something?" Enid prodded.

"youre just as bad as him" Daryl mumbled and go up to leave before stopping and turning around at the door. "thank you. appreciate it. but dont you dare tell anyone."

"only if you and jesus come to dinner over here tonight."she smiled, "i got your back."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night Paul came home to Daryl finishing up preparing some cooked rabbit.

"whats that for?"

"We gon have dinner at maggie and sashas tonight, figured id bring something." Daryl shrugged. He noticed Paul didnt have the flower behind his ear anymore.

"aw how nice of you." Paul walked toward his beroom, "im gonna change and then we can head over together." he disappeared in his room and returned in the middle of buttoning up a whte shirt. Daryl caught a glance at Pauls toned body and swiftly looked down at his feet, biting the inside of his lip. They left the trailer and walked towards Maggies.

"just so you know i put that flower in a book, to press it, i used to do it with my mom when i was younger. I know its stupid but i wanted to keep it." paul looked at daryl in the dark. Daryl just looked ahead of him, container of food in hand, and blushed.

"thas cool.." Daryl didnt know what to say back, and theyd reached their destination. Paul reached up and kissed Daryl on the cheek.

"lets go." Paul looked at Daryl wiht a sweet smile and held the door open for him.