Frozen Doubts

Chapter One

As night approached Arendelle, Queen Elsa stood silently in her room, staring out the window that looked out to the Palace Gardens. Elsa had always enjoyed walking through the wild tangles of the ferns and vines in the Spring but as Fall approached, the once colorful plants now wilted slowly and silently.

Elsa sighed, turning away from the window and looked at her hands. The pale, soft skin let her keep her magic hidden at a glance. Her talent created such beautiful magic, amazing herself every time she practiced her skill. Yet that small pit of doubt had burrowed deep in the back of Elsa's mind. It's been a year since Elsa had accidentally frozen over her entire kingdom and even though her people had forgiven her, Elsa still felt guilty.

Elsa was stirred from her trance when she heard a rhythmic knock on her door. She smirked to herself, knowing who it was already.

"Hey Elsa!" a muffled voice said on the other side of the heavy wooden door. "Dinner is almost ready."

Elsa opened the door and smiled at her sister, Anna. Her little sister had taken a liking to wearing leggings with one of Kristoff's large tunics and her black flats. Her hair was still in the signature braid she wore it in. Elsa envied Ana's freedom to wear what she wanted, even though she was a princess. Elsa was always watched and was expected to act like a queen, dress like a queen, speak like a queen, like a queen this, and like a queen that. Elsa had so many responsibilities that she couldn't have any time to be envious of Anna's choice of clothing.

"Come on," Anna smiled, tugging Elsa along with her as she prances down the hallways, "I'm hungrier than a hippo!"

The two sisters walked, rather Ana danced while Elsa walked, through the palace to the dining room. They joined Kristoff and Olaf, whom both were having a heated argument over what type of ice was better, while Sven sat on his bottom next to Kristoff at the long table. Elsa took her place at the head of the table, enjoying the argument that Anna joined in. Sven looked at her, nudging her shoulder for her to scratch his chin.

Elsa laughed and complied to Sven's need for comfort. Although Elsa's work of being queen was tiresome, she always came back to her sister and friends whom soothed her at the end of the day. But something was missing, like Elsa was missing out on a part in her life now that she was 22 years of age.

Elsa shook these feelings away, putting them off the deal with another time. She was so unaware of how important that feeling was and how important it was to another person around the world.

---------------------------------------------

A/N
So what did you think? Likey or not likey? Leave a comment below!