Prologue

Green.

 I want to say that the first thing I saw when I was born was green. Or at least of what I remembered. It was a bright green, not like forest green or sea green. You could say that it was a  green that was eerie and gave you a chill down your spine. It was a color I got accustomed to quickly. You can blame it on the constant exposure or the fact that I can shoot it out of my hands.

But it wasn't like that when I was born. I was a normal kid. I had a normal family, a sister, a roof over my head. But then I wasn't born in a normal family. See, my parents were ghost-hunters. They hated ghosts, deemed them to be the scum of the Earth and should be sent to the far corners in Hell. I was lucky enough to have a sister who wasn't like that, but then she self-proclaimed that she would be the one to take care of me. After all, my parents weren't the listening type, more like ghost-first-then-everything-later. But they love me. I was sure of that.

But back then, I didn't know that. How could I? After all, I was separated from them when I was a baby. Yup, I disappeared from their lives and thrust into a whole new dimension. The Ghost Zone. It all started when--

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jazzie! Honey! Come quick!" Maddie, followed by Jasmine, walked down the stairs into the lab after hearing Jack's voice. Maddie went down, wearing her usual blue jumpsuit while Jasmine went down, carrying her younger brother, Danny Fenton. He was just born several months ago and he was an adventurous child, always moving to hard-to-reach places.

"What is it, dad?", Jasmine said with a tired voice. The red-haired girl was already tired of her parent's antics and praying to God that her brother doesn't follow after them.

"I present you the Ghost Portal! We will be able to link our worlds to the Ghost Zone." Jack said in an excited voice, rubbing his hands repeatedly. Little Danny stared at the portal machine and in an awed voice, tried to reach for the metal contraption. Jasmine didn't notice this and laid down Danny on his back, ready to lecture her parents. Little did she know, Danny turned back up in a crawling position and went toward the portal.

"I bet it's not even going to work. Why can't you just let this ghost fanaticism rest?" Jazmine said with a scoff, her arms on her hips.

"Oh Jazzie dear! Ghosts are real! And when we see them, we will blow their bodies into oblivion." Maddie said while squeezing her daughter. The daughter just made a dead face and grudgingly let her body be hugged by her mom.

"Dad! Mom! We can't have your ghost-busting business going on! Danny is not going to grow up under these conditions!" Jasmine quickly pulled out of her parent's embrace, frowning at the hopelessness of it all. The more she tried to convince them to let go of this, the less successful it is.

"Oh sweetheart! Little Danny will be fine!", Maddie said with the hope of convincing her stubborn daughter. "He is gonna inherit all of this from us, after all!"

The parents and their daughter were exchanging conversation, trying to convince the other. However, they didn't notice their little boy inching closer into the portal, already at the entrance. While he was closer to the end of the wall, the curious baby noticed a red button at the side of the portal. Hurriedly, he went toward it, wanting to put his hands on it. 

"Look, Jazzie! You will be convinced when you see the portal working!" Jack pushed a button on the control panel and turned to the portal excitedly. Danny was not seen, as he was blending in with the shadows, his black onesie the perfect color. Still, the portal did not work, as nothing was happening. The father pushed the button again, only for it to do the same result.

"Ha! I told you it wasn't going to work!" Jasmine said with a know-it-all stare. Maddie and Jack just looked between each other, disappointed by the failure.

"I guess we have to look at the blueprints again to see what's wrong." The parents hurriedly went upstairs, eager to start the next attempt. Jasmine just looked at her parents going up the stairs and sighed.

"What am I going to do?" The red haired girl quickly followed after her parents up the stairs.

The parents and the sister completely forgot about the blue-eyed little boy who stared at his family leaving him. He didn't cry as he was still interested in the red button. After some great effort, he was right in front of it. His small hands reached out slowly and pressed the button. For the first second, nothing happened. But then there was a flash of green.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who do you think it is?" Youngblood hesitantly asked, poking its foot with his hook. All the ghosts in the ghost zone, or at least the ones that cared enough to check, heard loud wailings and it didn't stop. At all.  Having enough of the racket, everyone decided to check on what the source of the noise is. Thus, is the reason for the crowd surrounding little Danny.

"It's really small." The box ghost stated, staring at the size of Danny.

"It's really loud!" Skulker said with a scowl, his arms crossing over. The infant suddenly stopped crying, looking at the ghosts. His face went into a smile, his arms reaching out to them. They were all shocked.

"Well, it's a human, stupid idiot," Ember said with disdain at the others. She stared at the baby, that continued to smile and laugh at the ghosts faces. Most children would cry at seeing ghosts, knowing with their instincts that they shouldn't be played with. But this one was different.

"But it's a baby. Is it one of yours?" The box ghost said to the others, who proceeded to shake their heads.

"Well, we can't just leave him here. He's gonna start to cry." Destiny said, deciding to carry the baby. Little Danny laughed in the genie ghost's arms, pulling at her long hair. She cradled the baby carefully, the others looking over the child with silent contemplation. Destiny usually hated it when people touch her, but when its little hands played with her hair, touched her face, it made her feel warm. She didn't want to leave this baby alone.

"We can take him to Clockwork," Johnny said, his hands behind his back. Kitty was next to him, nodding in agreement. All the ghosts decided in agreement, knowing that the time ghost would know what to do. Meanwhile, Danny wanted to meet all of the ghosts, struggling out of Destiny's arms. Destiny, not paying attention, let go of Danny and the little baby plummeted. The genie ghost screamed and was about to follow after the child, but then the next action stopped her in her tracks. Danny was floating, his hair now a ghostly white instead of black and his blue eyes were no green. His little legs were now a ghostly blur, resembling a regular ghost.

"He's a halfie!" Youngblood shouted in surprise, leaning over Skulker. Skulker scoffed, pushing the young ghost away from his head. He looked at Danny, who was floating around, giggling as he reached to all the ghosts. The ghosts were confused as Danny fell into their arms only for him to go out again to reach out to another ghost. Skulker seems to be next as little Danny reached for him and he accepts the infant into his arms. He scowled at the baby's naivety, but Danny ignored it, just giggling at Skulker. The baby reached at his face, patting Skulker gently and smiled openly at him. Skulker didn't stop scowling, but his eyes softened considerably. Since the ghost was a halfie, maybe one that is the same as him would be better to raise the baby for now.

"I got a better idea."  Maybe one like Vlad Plasmius.