The Proposal

*Please Read* I wrote this a while ago, and the length and quality of this story has grown as it progresses, and I will be rewriting is A LOT. A lot of editing is going to be happening on this story, especially on the first few chapters that I wrote when I was just starting out on Wattpad. I will be re-writing every chapter and editing my mistakes. Updating on DoCD may slow down a tiny bit. Thank you for understanding!

-B.I. Garn

Hermione woke up about half way but then faded back to sleep. It felt too early to be waking up. Ron Weasley turned over and looked at Hermione. He put his hand on her shoulder and gently shook her awake. 

"Hey beautiful," he said.

"No, it's too early. I may wake up at early hours on week days, but today is Sunday."

"Oh come on, it's 8 o'clock. You wanted to get coffee with Ginny in two hours?"

"Alright, then. I haven't seen her in a while."

Hermione grudgingly got up and trudged to the bathroom. She shut the door so she would disturb her already sleeping boyfriend, and turned on the water.

She dried her hair after the shower and put it in a bun. Her once bushy brown hair had settled down and become less frizzy but it was still a little more big than she would have liked.

Hermione had a small nose, she was not short, but she definitely also wasn't tall. She had a few barely visible freckles on her nose, and had long brown hair.

She looked at herself and put on her makeup. She put on a red top with a thick black belt around the waist and some black skinny jeans paired with black one inch heels. Very business woman like.

While still keeping that Gryffindor pride. A content Hermione turned around and exited the bathroom.

She walked unnecessarily quietly down the stairs, and she saw this once she turned into the small kitchen and saw Ron making breakfast.

"Hey honey," she said.

Hermione pecked Ron on the cheek getting her rouge lipstick slightly on his face. She laughed quietly as Ron wiped his face.

"I'm just here for the floo powder and then I'm going to meet your sister," she continued.

"Ah, okay. Where are you going to go?"

"Ginny said it's a place called 'Deer and Stag,'" she replied while grabbing her purse and smiling at the name. After all, it was only a few years ago that the whole war had happened. It had also been about a year that the Malfoy family had been in the papers. It had been a year since any death eaters had been in the paper, really.

She quickly forgot about the war and the Malfoy's and said goodbye to Ron.

She threw the floo powder into the fire place and said "Deer and Stag Café". The floo powder whooshed her away from Ron and their apartment.

--- --- ---

"Ginny! I haven't seen you in so long!" Hermione exclaimed. 

"Hermione, so good to see you!"

"So, how are you and Harry?" She replied.

"Oh, just wonderful," said Ginny. "Baby's due any week now!"

"Any idea of what you are going to name him?"

"We want him to be James for the first name since it will be a boy, and we're still deciding on the middle name," Ginny informed.

"Well, how about Sirius, just like Harry's godfather," Hermione proposed.

"That would be nice, I'll pitch it to Harry. James Sirius Potter. I like that, thank you Hermione."

Hermione and Ginny talked for about an hour after that, drinking coffee and laughing about things they did in school. At 10:30 Hermione got up and put on her pea coat.

She air kissed Ginny on both cheeks and they both picked up some floo powder. It whisked her back home. 

Hermione came through the chimney and saw that Ron wasn't how so she went to her bookshelf in the living room to try to find something to read.

Of course, she had already analyzed everything cover to cover. She sighed and busied herself with cleaning the kitchen.

--- --- ---

Hermione heard Ron close the door and run up the stairs.

"Hermione, I need you to come with me right now," said Ron.

"Wait, why?" 

"It's a surprise, just come with me."

"Alright, alright I'm coming."

Hermione and Ron apparated quickly. She looked around, taken aback at what stood before her. Ron led her to a small pantheon on the top of the hill.

The stars in the sky were twinkling like diamonds, there was a full moon and the weather was perfect. It was a clear night and the grass under Hermione's sandaled feet was soft and cushiony as they walked up the hill together.

The temple was strung with faery lights and had a few candles around it. They sat down on the grass in front of it and stared up at the sky.

Hermione knew nothing could every ruin the moment. She sat up and looked adoringly at Ron. He sat up and looked at her. They leaned in and kissed each other.

"Ron this is truly beautiful," said Hermione.

"Well, this isn't actually the only thing I wanted you to see," He replied.

Suddenly Ron went on to his knee. Hermione looked into his eyes, not exactly sure what he was doing. He began talking.

"Hermione", Ron said eagerly. "I have known you for so many years of my life and I just can't wait any longer to say this".

Ron pulled out a small black box. Hermione gasped and overwhelming thoughts started to fill her mind. Was this what she wanted? Yes. Was this what Ron wanted? Well, he was proposing so... Probably. Should I say yes? I do love him so...

"My dearest, Hermione. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!"

Ron put the ring on her finger, picked her up and spun her around. They kissed once more before collapsing on the ground again.

"I love you, Ronald Weasley", she said.

Ron hesitated. Finally, he said,

"I love you too".

Hiiiiii. That was the first chapter of my first book/ fanfic! Sorry if there was bad punctuation with the speech.

Love you!

~B. I. Garn

( Have some cookies)

(::) (::) (::) (::) (::)