Chapter 2

When Aidan's alarm clock went off two days later he groaned. He was exhausted from the past few days and was looking forward to the weekend. He rolled out of his bed, wrapped in a sheet and walked into the bathroom to jump in the shower.

Once he was done he quickly got dressed and grabbed his stuff he would need for the day. He checked his phone for the time and realized he could catch the earlier shuttle to the movie lot. He heard Dean in the shower and debated waiting for him, but his growling stomach changed his mind.

The rented shuttle bus was parked, waiting in the front of the large condo complex that had been rented out to the cast and crew for the two year movie shoot, though many of them had been in New Zealand long before the filming had started.

Aidan walked on the bus and saw Bailey. He smiled and walked down the aisle to her row.

"Good morning Bailey." He said as he slide into the seat next to her.

"Hey!" She said with a smile.

"Do you usually take this bus?" He asked.

"Yes, I like to get some coffee at the craft service before I start. If I show up any later I wouldn't have time to set up my table to do your make up." She talked to him as she easily braided her long red hair.

"While I have you trapped, can you settle an agreement," he asked looking at her. She furrowed her eyebrows and nodded. " American?" He asked simply.

"Canadian, from Sydney, British Colombia, born and raised."

"Gahhh, a good old Canadian girl."

She nodded, "Yup!"

After the got off the bus Aidan turned to Bailey, "I don't want you to think I'm following you, so I'm telling you now that I am also going to get some coffee from craft services."

"Thank you for telling me that, I now know that you aren't creepy." She giggled. As they walked together he asked her questions about her family.

"I have two older brothers, Barrett and Byron and an older sister named Bronte. My dad is an English professor, but I'm sure you figured from our names. He is also fond on the letter B for some reason, and my step mother, Jackie is a doctor. I also have multiple nieces and nephews. Luca is the oldest, he's eleven, then there's Gracie, Shae, Graham, Henry and Lila, she's three." She answered, smiling as she talked about them. Aidan felt a pang in his stomach as he watched her talk so kindly about the people she loved.

"Well, enough about me. What's your story?" She asked filling up three cups of coffee.

"There's really not much to say. I was born in Dublin... Obviously. Besides that there's not much. I'm an only child and my parents are both dead." He said brushing his hand through his hair. He always hated talking about his family, and as he looked at Bailey he saw that the happiness that had been in her eyes moments ago had left, replaced by sadness. "It's alright though, it was a long time ago, so... Let's talk about something else!" He said grabbing his coffee and walking towards the door.

She followed him and they walked in silence towards the make up trailer. Bailey pulled open the door and walked in to her spot and started getting Aidan's prosthetics and wig ready. He sat in the chair drinking his coffee and watching her as she hummed to herself.

"Hey mate, didn't realize you had left." Dean said as he strolled into the trailer.

"Oh, yeah sorry I didn't wait. I needed some coffee and I was too tired to make it my self." Aidan responded, pulling his attention away from Bailey. Dean noticed that Aidan was looking at her and winked.

"Hey, look Aidan, it's your girlfriend!" Dean whispered leaning towards Aidan. Sure enough, when he looked up he saw Bailey standing with one of the other make up staff, Aidan was pretty sure his name was Bill, they both had bags with them. When she caught his eye Bailey smiled and waved. He sheepishly waved back, aware that the rest of the guys were watching him.

When they finished the next take Bailey and Bill walked onto the set with brushes and powdery make up.

"Good job Aidan! Let me just give you a bit of a touch up." She said as she brushed some of the powder across his forehead. "There, perfect!" She said after a few more brushes. She waved and moved on to give Martin a touch up.

Aidan found it a little to hard to focus on the scene they were working since he was aware that Bailey was watching. What made it worse was in between takes he could see one of the personal assistants flirting with Bailey. It also was not helping much that Dean kept making kissie faces at him.