Chapter 4

Sarabi's pov

We were back at Pride Rock, and everyone was getting ready to walk in the den to go to bed. Kiara was now sleeping with her mate Luke, who was also her best friend. I just climbed up when I saw my Dad stop Kovu for walking inside.

Kovu walked to a rock that shields him from the moonlight and laid down to get some sleep there. Guilt ate away at me, and I decided to apologize for earlier.

"Hey, um... I wanted to apologize for earlier today and to thank you for saving me." I said, making him scoff and sit up

"What kind of hunter are you anyway, Princess?" Kovu asked, "You almost got yourself killed out there."

"Excuse me?" I asked

"You wouldn't last three days on your own." He said before turning around and started walking away

"Oh. And I suppose you can teach me?" I said playfully

"Yeah." Kovu replied cockily before walking away again

"Sarabi!" My Dad called

"Coming!" I called back

I jumped in front of Kovu, making him step back in shock.

"Alright! Fine, impress me." I said while walking away, "We start at dawn."

"I look forward to it." I heard him say with a chuckle

I walked into the den and laid down in the far corner in the area my family sleeps. I fell asleep with a certain lion on my mind. Once dawn hit my Dad and I woke up to get some water. My Dad was going on his patrol, and I was going to practice hunting with Kovu.

I saw Kovu watching us from a rock on the hill and decided to head up there while saying "bye" to my Dad. I jumped in front of him, making him step back in suprise and shock.

"Morning, Kovu." I said as I walked behind him, making him turn his head to look at me with a shocked look, "I'm ready for my first lesson. Are you coming?"

Kovu turned his head back to the watering hole before meeting my eyes again and nodded before we walked to a field where we could practice. It was now noon, and I was learning a lot just by him waiting for me to pounce.

Right when I pounced, a twig snapped, giving him the advantage to duck, I landed on my feet with a defeated sigh. Kovu walked towards me, and I just gave him a nervous look.

"I guess you heard that. Huh?" I asked

"You were doing good until the end. You're at least a lot better than your sister." Kovu said, making me smile, we looked to where Kiara and Luke were training to see that she was indeed pretty loud. "You're more relaxed than you were when we first started, but you still need to watch your surroundings and make sure you don't make a sound."

We heard birds flying and looked up to a hill, Kovu started stalking and looked at me in the corner of his eye.

"Watch the master and learn." He mumbled

He started quietly walking up the hill, and then he took off running. When I saw him jump, I heard the familiar scream of Timon.

"Oh, no." I grumbled

I took off running up the hill to see that he was standing above Timon, looking confused.

"Timon, what are you doing here?" I asked

"Sarabi, thank goodness! Oh!" He said, relieved, "Hey, for once, we're not following you."

Timon started going on a rant on how this hill was the biggest jackpot to eat insects, but they were currently fighting off birds. I chuckled at Pumbaa since he was screaming while running off the same birds that were in one spot.

"Oh, Timon! I'm getting tired." He said, "I gotta lose some pounds."

We walked over to them while Timon was getting birds off of Pumbaa's back; Timon jumped down and pointed at Kovu, making me know that he probably stole one of Pumbaa's ideas.

"Wanna lend a voice? Huh? Grr." Timon said, making Kovu confused

"Huh?" He asked while looking at me, confused.

I gave him a soft smile before nodding my head towards the birds.

"Like this," I said before I roared, making the birds fly away

"Woohoo! Yee-Haa! Do it again, do it again!" Timon said as he rode on Pumbaa and chased after the birds

I gave Kovu a reassuring smile before he too roared, making more birds fly away, we ran after Timon and Pumba with a smile on my face.

"Why are we doing this?" Kovu questioned, "What's the point of this training?"

"Training? This is just for fun." I said as more birds flew away from our presence

"Fun?" Kovu questioned

I felt terrible because I realized that all Zira ever did was make Kovu train and wouldn't let him have a normal childhood.

"Sheesh, kid, you gotta get out more often." Timon said before grabbing onto one of the bird's feet, which made him fly into the air, "Fun! Yee-Haa!"

We all started having fun as we chased after the birds. After that, Kovu kept saying Yee-Haa and getting more into the spirit of fun. At least, that was until we bumped into rhinos that the birds were sitting on top of.

We stopped dead in our tracks and looked at them in fear. One of the birds blew a raspberry at us like Timon did to them, and we immediately took off after the first rhinos huffed

"Woah!" We all said before taking off

We were in the rocky part of the Pride Lands while running we saw a whole that kid fit all of us, and we all decided to climb in, at least we thought it could hold all of us. After the Rhino's left, we all started laughing at the whole situation

"What a blast!" Kovu said

"Uh... Sorry." Pumbaa apologized, making all of us laugh again

"You're okay, kid." Timon said while giving Kovu a noogie, causing him to protest, "You're okay."

While Timon and Pumbaa were trying to get out of the little hole in the wall that we were squished in, Kovu and I pushed into one another to the point where we kissed.

We chuckled nervously before we got out of the hole by jumping out. We stared at one another for a minute before we were snapped out of each one another's gaze by Timon.

"Hey." He called, "Are you two coming or what?"

We followed after them while taking glances at one another; after that, the whole day, Kovu and I were having fun and just goofing the entire day away. I never had this while growing up minus when my Dad and I would do it, but never with someone my age before. It was fun, and I hope that this doesn't change.