Help Me

Have you ever been so angry you could put your fist through a wall? Ever wanted everyone to just stop. You've worked with your sweat and tears to try your best but no matter what you do it just isn't enough. I'm getting ahead of myself, sorry.

There was pain and a lot of heat. My ears were ringing and i couldn't think clearly. It took me a minute for my muddled brain to comprehend what was going on. Then it all slid into place. I opened my eyes, my face covered in grime. There was Mr. Colins under me, barely harmed. Then there was my sister she was hudled under the broken table. I stuck to the ground.

"Addie, move!" I bellowed. Then I coughed the smoke was burning my throat. It burned my eyes.

"Stay down, there's a lot of smoke." I croaked. Addie crawled over to me. We both tugged Mr. Colins out. We were crawling no where just trying to find shelter. Then a burning piece of whatever cut open my shoulder burning while it struck. I howled in pain and wrenched it out. I held my hand to my aching shoulder. The smoke was Excrusiating it burned my eyes and my lungs felt like they were about to Implode. I felt for the kitchen door. Perfect! There it was. I put the back of my hand to it. Even better! I shoved it open. Just as i was about to lunge for fresh air a large piece of ceiling crushed My arm. I screamed as the fire liked my now broken arm. I shoved it off as hard as i could. I wheezed and puled myself forward. Coughing and spluttering I dragged myself away from the burning house. My shoulder screamed. The house groaned. My arm was burning I rolled in the grass for a few minutes until the burning was less torturous. I gasped in pain. The fresh air in my lungs didn't expel the ugly smoke. I coughed and hacked then looked at Addie her face had a slit on the cheek and she was covered in grime. Then I saw her dragging her leg in the grass useless. It was obviously broken. Mr. Colins was groaning from the force of the blow.

"Where's the rest of the kids?" I rasped. My throat was scratchy and it hurt but that pain was nothing to my burns. I was bleeding and my head pounded.

"I sent them over to Rosie's, they all left and then he..." Addie eyes Mr. Colins with exhausted distaste. She didn't need to finish her sentence.

"Good,... that's good..." I breathed out the words my arms gave way from underneath me and my cheek hit the dirt.

"Nikkie don't you dare close your eyes! Help! Somebody, we're over here!" Addie screamed her voice high pitched with fear and like she smoked a pack a day. The fear in her voice rang out clearly. My headed pounded and there was a ringing in my ears. Addie kept screaming but I couldn't decipher her words anymore. My vision blurred and a dark figure ran over towards me. I didn't feel anything. My vision went white and then black. I dreamed feverishly.

Dreams:

I was running but I don't remember from what. A demonic but somehow still kind sounding laugh. I was running but skidded into a sheer rock face. I couldn't climb it. I was trapped. I turned so my back scraped against the rock. The laugh echoed around me again. I pushed myself as far back as I could. I curled up against the rock. I put my arms above my head to shield myself. A strange weapon was pointed at me then it all went black.

I was running again. This time antagonizingly slow no matter how hard I ran. I was running through a dark tunnel the white light at the end getting bigger. I was close enough to see four black silhouettes I was able to determine they were all male and taller than me I reached out an arm and called out to them they didn't move not even a twitch. I gasped for air even though I didn't feel breathless. I called out again and then nothing.

I woke up in the hospital. A large freakin light shining in my eyes. I groaned and my throat just about died in pain. Everything ached inside and out. My arm and ankle were numb and my muscles were screaming from being stiff for so long. Instead of my family coming in it was a nurse.

"Hey, sweety, your finally up, huh? How do you feel?" Her voice was kind and she was in her thirties.

"I feel like I was hit by a bus." I managed to croak out in sarcasm. The nurse smiled and looked like she was about to say something when the door was opened again. It was detective Widenski. He had stitches on his forehead he had been by the house when it blew.

"Nichole, how are you feeling?" He asked. I tried to roll my eyes but my head ached when I did.

"Just great and how are you, Sleeping Beauty?" I asked. I sounded like I smoked a pack each day. God that sounds awful.

"Fine, thank you, you knew that man right?" He asked it was rhetorical obviously but he wanted me to say it.

"My social studies teacher." I rasped. Widenski nodded he already knew of course. He looked uncomfortable.

"That was your sister?" He asked. I nodded getting scared. My heart rate accelerated. Widenski paused and glanced at my face.

"She's fine she only got a few burns on her left leg which got a clean break. Your other siblings are staying with your neighbor, Mrs. Wilson. Mr. Colins only got a concussion and is in jail, he still won't talk." I narrowed my eyes.

"Give me three minutes and he'll be babbling like a toddler." I growled, well tried to, I sounded like a dying cat falling off a skyscraper about to hit the pavement. Widenski looked stern.

"No, you can't do that." Then I realized that if I was in the hospital they'd be looking at my records and the first nine years of my life weren't in existence.

"What's your first name? Widenski's getting long." I snapped getting annoyed with the silence. Widenski did an almost smile. It was tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Alex, you can call me Alex." I sighed. I felt tired very drained.

"What happened, to me?" I asked my voice barely a whisper. Alex's gaze softened. As he looked at me. I swallowed and fear bubbled up.

"You broke your left leg and shattered the bones in your left arm. You have third degree burns where you broke your bones. You got a concussion and inhaled a lot of smoke. I got away with stitches and a second degree burn on my leg." I swallowed. It wasn't that bad. I've had worse. I calmed myself down.

"Can I have a glass of water?" I asked him. He nodded.

"I'll be right back." And he left me with the nurse. Her name tag read Lindsay Peterson. She was reasonably average in height and weight. She had curly dark brown tied back into a low ponytail.

"Okay let me check your burn on your shoulder. You also got ten stitches there and burned your hands. Detective Widenski wasn't elaborated in the details. But your healing nice. You've been in here for about fourteen days." I was shocked. Two weeks... wow. I nodded trying to keep my heartbeat normal. She was fast and then left when Alex came back in with a foam cup. He handed to me and I drank it greedily. After I had water I felt much better. Alex took my empty cup and put on the side table.

"I'll come back later, you look exhausted." I laughed my voice slightly scratchy.

"Don't be nice, I probably look terrible." I laughed. Alex shot me a smile then he was gone. I slumped back into my pillows, very, very tired. Eventually I sank into a deep dreamless sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter guys... expect better ones soon hopefully! Three guesses who the five boys are!