Stay.

I sighed heavily, sniffling and wiping the sweat from my forehead as I finished packing. Moving was always a hassle but moving states was even worse. I was beginning to regret making such a vague decision but that regret quickly fades as I caught a glimpse of a picture me and DeVante had taken a few years ago after we had first started dating. He was sitting on a blanket he had laid across the grass, smiling over at me as I had my legs stretched out along his lap, looking into the camera while his hand rested against my thigh. I huffed, groaning shortly after as I picked up the frame and wrapping it in newspaper before placing it into a box I hadn't taped closed yet.

Sadly, there was no more us. We had sort of broken up about a month ago when I had told him I was planning to go off to college and wanted his input on it. He grew upset, claiming that I was abandoning him and told me to just leave because I was probably seeing someone else. Which I wasn't.

Though DeVante was the most attractive man I had ever laid eyes on, he wasn't the most confident. Throughout our relationship, I had to constantly make him feel secure due to his own internal issues. It was draining but I loved him and was willing to do whatever to make it work. Unfortunately, it ended anyway, despite my efforts.

He was currently on tour with Jodeci and left me at the house without even bothering to call me back after I had left countless amounts of voicemails humiliating myself with a strong and dangerous desire to be with him and rekindle our love for one another. I was sure I sounded desperate but after a month of no contact from him, I decided it was best for me to move on and start fresh. Without him. And yes, it was going to be a challenge, I'm sure. But I knew I could do it if I really tried.

I taped up the last box and started to head upstairs, suddenly hearing the jingling of some keys, his voice on the other side of the door, "Fuck. Which one is it?" I panicked, not sure if I would be able to follow through with my plan of leaving with him getting in the way. But then again, he might not even try to stop me. I chewed at my bottom lip as he still struggled with the keys, deciding to walk over to the door and just unlock it for him, pulling it open and stepping back as he lifting his head, his hazel eyes gazing into mine. I could feel my knees almost buckling beneath me, quickly adverting my attention elsewhere as I cleared my throat, folding my arms over my chest.

"Hey, baby...", he said hesitantly, his eyes never leaving my face as he walked in with his luggage in hand, setting it down beside the front door, which he closed behind him.

Baby? Ha. Yeah, right.

I didn't say anything, turning around to walk up the stairs and he called after me but I just ignored him. I could hear his footsteps on the staircase as he ran after me. Hey, baby? After avoiding me for a month, that's what you say? Man, fuck you. I scoffed, walking into the bedroom to grab my luggage I had packed to keep me set until my boxes were shipped to Florida. As I made my way back to the doorway, he came around the corner, noticing the luggage in my hand and quickly making his way over to me, "Wh–Where you goin'? What's all this?"

I just stared.

"Baby, talk to me", he said, now directly in front of me with his hands cupping my face. "[Y/N]..."

I slapped his arm, stepping back some and leaning my head back to remove his hands from my face, "Don't touch me. I'm not your baby, alright? You lost the privilege of calling me that when you decided not to talk to me for a month. A whole month! Now you wanna' come back home and think we can pick up where we left off like you ain't just dog me out? Like you wasn't on tour fucking other bitches while I was at home depressed and crying over your sorry ass?! No, I don't think so. Get the hell outta' my face."