Chapter 14

Adam’s POV

I am hoping she is not asking me what I think she is.

I text her~ Hey what are you asking? Are you asking if I still want you?

Incoming text~ I guess that’s what I am asking Adam?

I text back ~ I had planned on both of us going home together, and us having sex tonight, unless something has changed with you. I hope nothing has changed

Incoming text~ That’s what I was hoping to hear, I can’t wait this 3 months has been hell. <3 I can’t wait to see you.

I am so glad to hear that she still wants the same thing I do.  We have been waiting 3 months and finally tonight we get to act on these feeling. I am hoping she wins then I can have a reason to touch her in public tonight, you know put my arm around her, hug her, touch her arm the small things that will make tonight even better.

Holly’s POV

Oh I am so excited and nervous. I am glad Adam still wants me. But we still have to make it through tonight, not being so public.

I get to the voice and I am in to the dressing room right away. For my first song, the first one I sang to get the chair turn I am sticking with the same outfit I wore then too.

For song 2, I wanted a tight fitting dress, that was not to short, but not long, and not trashy, they had a dress that was almost what I wanted only a little shorter than I would have liked.

Incoming text~ Are you ready it’s going to get crazy in here!

I text him~ Umm I sort of forgot, why did you not remind me to practise my first song…Damn I don’t want to sing it again.

Incoming text ~ why not, it was great got me to turn my chair <3

I text ~ Thanks, I just hope it goes ok <3

Adam’s POV

I text her~ You know it will. You can sing that song better than I can so get out there and do it!

I just thought of it now, I wonder what she is wearing. Did she go all girly or stick with the tights and shirts that she normally does? Though she has 2 songs today.

She comes out for her first song…She starts singing I have the same reaction as I did the first time I heard her sing!  She is wearing black tights and a long sleeve white shirt with a leopard print heart on the front, the same outfit as the first time she sang only this time she also has on a leather jacket. She sings all the way through and while she normally just signs love and mouths Kate at the end of each song now, she did the exact say thing as the first time peace and love signs and mouthed Love you Kate. 

Carson asked her a few questions and she was having a hard time answering because she had tears in her eyes, this song and performance brings her right back to the first day here and that was a hard day for her.  The show needs to be over so I can hug her.

Holly’s POV

I need him to hug me. Carson keeps talking to me and I just want to get off this stage! Finally I head to the back and grab my phone.

I text Adam ~ I know you can’t see this right now, but damn why does Carson not know when to shut up! I just wanted off that stage, waahhhhaaaa I just need a hug.<3

The coaches all head back to us, and the other coaches come in and hug there contestants, so I know it will be ok for Adam to hug me, but it will need to be quick.

He comes in and hugs me and said you did great out there, then whispers “Kate is proud of you, I hope you know it”. I smile; I can finally think of her and smile! I miss her everyday but I can smile now too.

“So coach what did you think of the outfit?” I say laughing

Adam’s POV

“Should I be shocked? Tights and a t-shirt seem to be your clothing of choice on every show” I say

I also whisper “Sorry Carson was just doing his job out there”

“Well coaches we need to head back out there” Carson says.

Damn it I don’t want to, but in less than an hour this season is over!

She still never told me what her last song will be though, I really thought I should know this but she wouldn’t tell me no matter how much I asked.

Holly’s POV

Here goes, now I have to try to sing this to him without it looking like I am singing this to him, I mean I am sure he will know.

I start to sing because you live

Where the song says girl I say yeah, instead, because it's not for a girl, it’s for Adam.

This time I changed my words I still signed love and then I mouthed Thank you Kate

Thank god this is over, now just to wait to see if it was all worth it or not.

Adam’s POV

Damn she looks hot in that dress. That is the first time I have seen her in a dress and damn! As soon as she starts singing I know this is not a Kate song, I realize she is singing to me, for me but trying to make sure no one else notices too!

Wow I really think she thought about this choice for a very long time. I also notice that she mouthed Thank you Kate which made me smile because she was right it was all Kate, and because of Kate in a few more hours I will have Holly in my arms, and my bed.

At that moment I say in my head, yes thank you Kate!

Finally we are about to announce the winner. From Team Adam, Holly Marie!

Yes! I knew it was all worth it. I head up to the stage calmly and hug her quickly and then back away.

Holly’s POV

OMG I won! I mean I knew I had it in me but I didn’t think I would win!

Adam hugs me, I quickly hug him and though I do not want him to let go, I am very aware we are on camera.

Oh god here come Carson he is going to ask me more questions, I am so emotional right now I can’t talk. I sing the song they had us practice in case we won.

I am so happy to be getting off this stage, I head to the back and right away interviews start, and they are all pretty much the same, Adam came walking by in one of my interviews and yells, “HEY WINNER!” and hugs me and then says “See you in a bit at the party”

The one interviewer asks who Kate is and that they noticed me mouth her name “She was my best friend, she was supposed to be my singing partner on the show, but 3 months before the show she was the victim of domestic violence and lost her life. She is always on my mind, I lost her way to soon, but I wouldn’t be where I am without her” and with that I ended the interview and would not answer any more people that asked questions, Adam saw I was upset. As soon as I was out of camera’s eye I ran to the first empty room I saw, I slammed the door behind me and cried.