Chapter 4: Casualties of War

"MAMA!" Stella yelled on the top of her lungs.
The three of them ran up to the wounded Frostbite.
"Frostbite, what happened?" Kitkat said, extremely worried.
"There was a wolf, who demanded me to help him, but I was helping somebody else. He attacked me." Frostbite said between heavy breaths.
"It will be all right." KitKat said.
KitKat took some bandages, and gently and calmly applied them to Frostbite's wounds.
"You're lucky we came. You could have bled out." KitKat said.
"KitKat?" Legend asked.
"Yes?" KitKat answered.
"Is Mama okay?" Legend asked.
"She will be fine." KitKat assured.
"Thank you, KitKat," Frostbite said, "You're amazing."
KitKat blushed a little.
"T-thank you." KitKat said.
"How would you like to stay here while I heal?" Frostbite said.
"Um, s-sure!" KitKat said, blushing harder.
"Alright, thanks!" Frostbite said. Legend and Stella comforted their mother.
"Mama, I'm scared." Legend said.
"Don't worry, Legend. KitKat will protect us." Frostbite said.
"Yes. If any jerk thinks they can mess with you, they have to answer to me." KitKat said in anger.
"Thank you again, KitKat. I am forever grateful." Frostbite said, and gave KitKat a lick. KitKat blushed extremely red, redder than the Red Sand Trap in the Sands of Camos.
"Um, er, um, uh, ah." KitKat studdered, inable to speak.
"Eh, sorry. Too awkward?" Frostbite said.
"Guh, uh, eh, um, er, y-yeah." KitKat said.
"You okay?" Legend said. "Mama? Is KitKat sick?"
"No, he's just experiencing some, minor nervousness." Frostbite said.
"He's afraid of your tongue?"
"No, maybe."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Legend and KitKat were out hunting. KitKat pounced on a deer, sinking his claws in. Legend rounded up some rabbit meat. They kept hunting until they could hunt no more.
"Alright, let's head out." KitKat said.
"Okay." Legend said.
They both walked through the woods until they heard more screaming, like yesterday. It was another battle. Wolves were attacking each other with strength and speed. Legend and KitKat bolted towards the cave. The main path to the cave was blocked. They had to take a detour. They sprinted through the woods again. Legend hopped on top of KitKat and KitKat ran faster. They had to make it out alive. Frostbite and Stella depended on them. They dodged major battle sites. They tumbled over rocks, sticks, logs, bumps, and holes in the ground. It was getting pitch black. Legend and KitKat couldn't see a thing. The battle had stopped. They were still running. KitKat slammed into a tree.
"Gah!" KitKat yelled.
"KitKat!" Legend yelled.
KitKat got up. They kept running. They ran for what seemed like years. The forest cleared out. They were running in an expanse. They're almost there! KitKat and Legend jumped over a creek. They tripped and fell. The ground felt different. It felt like, rocks. They looked around. They weren't anywhere close to the cave. They went the opposite direction! They were in the SandPack territory. They tried to walk back, but were met with four SandPack wolves circling them.
"What do you think you're doing here?" One of them asked.