With a sigh Gwen brings the key close to her heart, squeezing it tightly. For a moment finding comfort in the small object. She can almost feel her mother holding her.

Until Damon's voice interrupts Gwen's moment, "Hey, you okay?"

Sighing Gwen stands, "Yeah."

Damon's eyes land on the key in her hands, "What is that?"

"Nothing," Gwen quickly shoves it into her duffle bag pocket.

Damon lets it go, after all, he came for a different reason, "Gwen, about last night."

"No," Gwen cuts him off not ready to face anything concerning him, "I don't want to talk about it."

"So, you are going to ignore last night instead."

"That's not what I said."

"But it was what you are doing."

Gwen releases a heavy breath before storming to the dresser, grabbing clothes. Throwing them into her duf4bag without a care for neatness. Damon watches torn between wanting to hold her close or force her to listen.

Knowing they are already on rocky terrain, Damon settles for a question, "Are you leaving?"

Gwen pauses, keeping her eyes forward, "I just need some space,' a small chuckle escapes her, "I told you I don't love you, isn't that enough reason to give up?"

"Sure, if I believed you," Her eyes snap to his searching for doubt, but Damon keeps it hidden, "I don't believe that spark, feeling whole and beyond happy was just all me. You held on to me just as much as I did to you, like a lifeline."

Damon's words are almost worse than a kiss. Tempting Gwen with promises of love she always longed for, promises of acceptance instead of denial. Making her heart leap for joy over and over again. Gwen stares into his eyes. Into unrestrained love swimming in them like she has never seen. Making her catch her breath for a moment. Yet Gwen still couldn't shake her free it will all disappear.

Once Klaus is gone, our lives not in danger anymore. Will he still feel the same?

Gwen closes her duffle bag throwing it over her arms, "I'm going to spend a few nights at Elena's."

If she agrees otherwise it's a hotel room of my own.

Gwen pushes past Damon's eyes straight ahead. Grabbing her purse off the dresser holding it. Having heard their voices Stefan enters the room, planning to get his brother away from Gwen. In the same moment, Damon's hand latches onto Gwen's arm. Quickly spinning her around to face him. Gwen's purse slips from her loose grip, falling to the ground, spilling its contents everywhere.

Including pictures from the brown envelope that was left on her car. Heart beating faster and guilt blooming in it. Gwen watches Stefan bend down, picking up a picture. Damon's hand lets go as his eyes take in the pictures around them. Some revealing familiar faces. Others flipped to reveal the Karayan symbol.

Gwen can feel the storm circling around d her. Brushing her skin ready to blow her over. Stefan's eyes meet Gwen's. A storm of disappointment, anger and hurt swirl around in his forest green eyes. He steps closer allowing her to see the picture in his hand, a picture of Elena.

"How long?" Stefan's voice brings Gwen's eyes back to his. Guilt immediately stealing her voice like a cold thief. He repeats the question, expanding it, "How long have you had theses?"

"The same day Elijah was dragged and locked down in your basement."

"Do you know what this is?"