Chapter 1

Rory and Jess have settled in their home. Philadelphia has been where Jess lived for over a decade but in just the past two weeks since Rory moved in, it became home.

26 weeks into her pregnancy, Rory has been busy preparing for the baby. She found a new OB in University of Pennsylvania hospital.

The doctor is worried about preeclampsia and has prescribed Rory medicine to help lower the blood pressure. Doctor has recommended Rory to relax and not work too hard. But since Rory starts her new job soon, it would be difficult to do so.

The Saturday before Rory starts her job at the magazine, Jess and Rory are at home. They have just finished breakfast.

"Hey, so what are your plans for today?" Jess asks.

"I was thinking of finishing a chapter for my book. I have an outline already done. I just want to start writing again." Rory answers.

"I can edit it if you like." Jess offers.

"Yeah, that's great. I just don't know if I want to self-publish or get a literary agent." Rory contemplates.

"Rory, you do realize I own a publishing house? I understand you want to keep our private and professional lives separate. That's why you didn't apply at Truncheon. But babe, let me help you with your book. I won't even do anything with you directly. I can have Matt or Chris work with you." Jess offers.

"Ok. I'll look into it. I have so much to do before Richard comes."

"Hey, things will work out." Jess kisses Rory on her forehead. "Instead of being cooped up in here, care to join me outside? I want to take you out somewhere."

"You know I love surprises." Rory says seductively as she wraps her arms around Jess's waist.

"Just go upstairs, missy. Get ready. I'll be up there soon as I clean up."

Rory heads upstairs to take a nice hot shower. With the pregnancy, her body goes through many changes and a hot shower helps calm her down.

Jess heads upstairs. Finds the bathroom door slightly open. He looks in to see Rory's silhouette through the frosted glass of the shower doors.

Jess never found pregnant women sexually attractive. Not until he started falling for Rory again. Her curves just becomes more beautiful as the baby grows inside her body.

As he watches her through the frosted glass, Jess has the urge to join her. He enters the bathroom quietly, takes off his boxers and shirt, squeezes in the shower behind Rory, whose eyes were closed as she rinses her hair.

Rory squeals in surprise when she feels Jess's arms around her. But quickly calms down enough to wrap her arms around his neck and engage in a steamy kiss.

"Good morning. Thought I could join you. Save on the water bill." Jess whispers when he breaks the kiss.

"Smart thinking, Mariano." Rory looks down between their bodies at Jess's erection. "Though seeing how aroused you are right now, I'm not sure how much cleaning we will be doing."

They kiss some more as they explore each other's bodies. As Jess fingers Rory, she turns around to face the wall. Jess grabs her by the waist and enters her from behind.

No matter how many times they make love, Rory still gets surprised by Jess's size and girth. As he enters her slowly, she gasps loudly and tries to hold on to the wall.

Jess reaches behind him to turn the water off, then grabs for Rory's hands as he continues to thrust into her body. She meets his every thrust with vigor. He leans in to kiss the back of her neck as she moans.

Jess can feel Rory is about to reach the peak, when he lets go of her hand and touches her clit. She screams loudly as she orgasms, bringing Jess with her.

"Hmm, that was so good, baby." Rory whispers.

"We better shower really. Then we can go. Here, I'll help you."

*****

Jess and Rory head out to enjoy a spring day in Philly. Jess wanted to take Rory to the Franklin Institute. They're having an exhibition called "The Robot Revolution". It's an interactive exhibition for people to enjoy. Jess thought Rory would have fun. A nuance she never experienced.

Rory has never been to the Franklin Institute. While walking through the museum with Jess, she is impressed by the many scientific exhibitions like "The Giant Heart" and "Your Brain".

It is quite a unique experience to see a historic building filled with modern technology.

As Rory and Jess heads home, they stop at a pizza place to grab some dinner.

When they get home, Rory and Jess sit at the table to eat.

"Are you ready to go to work?" Jess asks as he picks a slice of pizza.

"I'm excited. Nervous a little to see what story I am assigned, but I am ready." Rory says.

"I worry about you and the baby. The doctor asked you to slow down." Jess says worriedly.

"I know. But Jess I have to do this. I want to work. I'm excited. If it gets too much, I will take a break." Rory promises.

"Ok, call me if you need me."

As Jess clears the table, Rory checks her phone. Still no phone call or text from Logan. She hasn't heard from him since the baby shower.

"Jess, I'm worried."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I haven't heard from Logan in two weeks. I have tried to call him and he doesn't answer." Rory says.

"Maybe he's busy."

"Maybe. It's just, I have never not heard from him this long. Especially since I am so far along into the pregnancy, I would think he would call more often."

"As much as I hate to suggest this, have you called Mitchum to ask how's Logan?" Jess suggests.

"I refuse to call him. But I might call Honor, his sister. She should know."

"Good idea." Jess kisses Rory on the forehead.