Chapter 1: The Death Of The Rulers

3rd PoV
"What are you doing here?" King Alexander asked.
"I believe you know why I'm here..." The intruder's voice said as rain fell down the Kingdom of Arthra.

"Why? Why would you do this?" The King asked as he calmly sat down a wooden chair.

"How could you be so calm?! I was suppose to be the one who you need to be jealous of!" The intruder's voice boomed as he took out a hidden dagger from his outfit.

"You're going to kill me?" The king asked.
"Sorry but I have to..." The intruder replied.

"You just gave in to your own desires..." Was the last words of the King before he fell to the floor. His limp lifeless body hitting the floor made a huge impact and made a loud sound.

The intruder grumbled before readying his dagger which was now soaked in blood.

"Who goes there?" Queen Renee's voice appeared as the intruder hid behind a golden table.

"I'm sorry. You don't belong in this world..." The intruder whispered as he grabbed the Queen's neck and strangled her with his free hand covering the Queen's mouth to silence her.

After awhile, the Queen stopped struggling and the intruder carried her to her husband.

"You two are the main pests in my life. Now I just gotta handle your stupid kid..." The intruder said as he hid his dagger back at his sleeve and walked to the Prince's room.

Kaboom!

The thunder roared as the intruder fell back due to the sound.

"Stupid storm. I just gotta handle him next time. The servants will wake up sooner..." He muttered under his breath and escaped the castle.

Prince Python's PoV
"Call Prince Python!" A loud scream erupted from the King and Queen's room as I fell from my bed.

"Ouch." I muttered. Today's a good day! What's their problem?

"You're Highness! Let us get downstairs! Something happened to the King and Queen!" My loyal servant, Ethan said as I rushed to where he was going.

As we went to my dad and mom's room, I noticed a lot of guards, my servants, and the Royal Advisor inside.

My eyes widened as tears fell from my face. M-my parents... They're lying on the ground. Lifeless. Mom's eyes where still open while dad's were closed.
There were a lot of blood which I assumed was from dad due to a stab on his heart.

"Who did this?!" I roared as I can hear my own voice echo.
I was angry. I tried to calm my self.

"Prince Python. We found them lying on the floor on the King and Queen's room. It has appeared that the King has been stabbed while the Queen was either poisoned or strangled." One of the guards said.

"I said who did this?!" I asked again. I was really getting more angry every second... Who would kill the King and the Queen?! Who in their right mind would kill the rulers of Arthra?!

"We don't know, Prince Python." The Royal Advisor said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"We are all sorry for the loss." He said.

"There wouldn't be a loss if someone didn't kill my parents!" I shouted as I pushed the Royal Advisor's hand away and rushed to my parents.

"Mom. Dad. Please... Wake up! Don't- don't leave me!" I cried as I held their hands and sat at the ground. I didn't often show my emotional state but... This is too much.

I sobbed as I remembered my parents. My dad was always the sweet, funny, caring, and loving father while mother was the sweet, caring, strict but for a good reason, and cheerful mother.

I couldn't believe that an idiot would take away my joy!

"Why have you called us, Ganoeo?" A voice interrupted my crying as I turned and saw Uncle Dale and Aunt Vicky talking to the Royal Advisor.

"Oh dear! Python... What has happened to the King and Queen?" Aunt Vicky asked me.

"They're... Dead!" I cried as I stood up and hugged my aunt and uncle.

"Shhh... Don't cry... It's all gonna be okay..." Uncle Dale said as I stopped hugging them.

"Oh no. What are we going to do?" Aunt Vicky asked.

"In order to fully manage the Kingdom of Arthra, Prince Python needs to find a princess. For now, we will let you two manage the Kingdom since you both have a connection with the King and Queen." Ganoeo said as he read from a paper that he got from his pocket.

"Understood." Uncle said but I was sure I heard a hint of... Something... From his voice. It must've been my ears tricking me.

"The guards have packed your bags. Is it okay if you two can stay at the visitor's room?" Ganoeo asked.

"But of course we can. We'll promise to take care of the kingdom up and until my nephew can find his princess." Aunt Vicky said.

"Thank you so much, Uncle Dale and Aunt Vicky. I promise, I'll try to make the process much faster so you two won't have to worry much." I said.

Uncle ruffled my hair.
"Don't worry. Take your time! I'll miss my brother but I'll always remember him by you." He said.

"Ganoeo, write to all the Kings and Queens of all nations about a ball to be held at my castle. Invite all the finest maidens too. It will happen a week from now." I said to the Royal Advisor. Although I was mad and sad, I need to be mature.

I need to take my parents responsibilities as the rulers of Arthra.

"Yes, Your Highness. I will." He said.

"The rest of you, please prepare the castle before the ball." I said to all of them.

"Guards, bury the bodies of my parents outside our garden. Make sure it's a wonderful place for them." I said as the guards picked up my parents bodies.

"Make a big wonderful grave for them." Aunt Vicky said as the guards nodded.

"Ethan." I called to my loyal servant.
"Yes, Prince Python?" He asked.
"Inform the cooks about the ball." I said.
"Yes, Prince Python." He said.

"Also, make an announcement to our people about the death of my parents..." From now, my tears have disappeared but I was sure they would come back soon.
"Of course." Ethan said as he went out.

"Make yourselves at home." I said to my Aunt and Uncle as I excused myself to go to the Guard's Station.

"Attention! I want all of you to find out who killed the King and Queen!" I shouted to all of them to hear me.

"Yes sir!" All of them shouted back.

I promise, mom and dad. I'm gonna make sure that whoever did this will pay.

A/N;
Yo! Basically my first chapter on my first story ever. This is a story I used to write on my free time when I didn't have Wattpad account. This chapter was kinda gloomy but don't worry about the next or the rest!

Thanks for reading! Tin out!