Ch. 18: A Sleepover

Comincia dall'inizio

"I didn't know this was a sleepover." I say.

"It's not, well it might be." He replies.

"Then what's with all these bags?" I ask him.

"I guess little girls like to bring a bunch of their toys to school." He answers and I laugh.

"Here let me help you." I say trying to grab a backpack, but he beats me to it.

"It's alright I got it." He assures me.

"Okay I'll get the door for you then." I sigh once again feeling helpless.

I opened the door for Austin and he sets all the bags down on the couch.

"Where did everybody go?" He asked looking around.

"I'm guessing upstairs to play in Annie's room." I said.

He sits down on the couch and pulls me into his lap, "It's been a long day." He sighs.

"Yeah...it has." I reply, "Even though I haven't done much."

"Ally-" he began.

I stop him, "Don't say I did plenty because I haven't done anything..." I say.

He rolls his eyes, "What are you six months?" He asks and I nod, "Well that's something."

I glare at him and get up off his lap, "I'm going to start dinner." I muttered and made my way into the kitchen.

He followed me and wrapped his arms around my waist...just barely making it all the way around.

"Austin please let go." I said, trying to escape his grip.

"Nah. I love you too much." He replies refusing to let go.

"Austin, seriously! My water just broke!" I say.

Instantly he let go, "What!!" He shrieked, "C'mon we-"

"Austin...I was kidding. I'm fine." I assured him.

I saw his shoulders relax, "Babe, don't scare me like that." He said and wrapped his arms around me again. Well that plan didn't help much.

"Don't you have anything better to do?" I ask him, annoyed that he won't let me make dinner.

"Nope." He answered popping the p.

"Why don't you go play with the girls." I suggested.

"I'm 24, I don't play." He replies. I give him an 'oh really' look. He sighs, "Fine..." He mumbles before finally letting me go.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dinner!" I called and then I heard multiple screams and pounding elephant feet running down the stairs.

All the girls ran into the dining room and took a seat ready to eat.

"Yummy spaghetti!" Annie exclaimed. I served each of them and they all dive in. I wondered where Austin had gone.

"Annie, what did you do to your dad?" I asked her with a smirk.

She had a guilty look on her face, "I don't know..."

I laughed and sat down with them to eat, "Well I guess we'll just eat without him then." I say with a smile.

All the girls giggled, "No boys allowed at our sleepover!" Annie cheers.

Now I'm seriously wondering where Austin went. He never misses dinner. So I decided to call him.

"Hey gorgeous." He says.

I smile and go into to the other room, "Hey handsome, where'd you go?" I asked him.

"I left because the girls wanted the house to themselves. They said no boys allowed at their sleepover." He answers and I laugh.

"Well I allow boys at my sleepover." I say, "Now I don't have a cuddle buddy...but why did you leave without telling me?"

"Annie said she'd tell you."

"Austin...you can't depend on a six year old to do everything for you." I say.

"Sorry... Anyways I have a gig tonight." He trails off.

"What? How come you never tell me any of this stuff?" I ask him surprised.

"I don't want you to freak out." He replies. I frown.

"But Austin...I need you. I'm scared to be alone, what if the baby comes?" I say.

"Don't worry, the baby isn't due for another three months." He assures me.

"Baby's are born at six months all the time." I reply, sitting down in a rocking chair.

"Ally, I have to go. I'll be home in about three hours." He says and before I could say goodbye he hangs up. Tears were forming in my eyes.

I never thought he still cared this much about his career, turns out I'm wrong.

I head back into the kitchen to find empty plates that the girls had finished. They were off playing somewhere now. I guess I'll be eating alone tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Poor Ally...this made me feel sad lol. What's gonna happen next?

Please comment and vote!
-Hannah