Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

“I will pass by the part that you already know yourself. And since this is written in an odd old language, I will give you the summary first so that you get the idea about it.” Temujin explained before he continued.

“The story I want to tell you about is from the visions of this vampire who called himself Cernunnos. He is actually the only other man that has ever seen this cave and the books. I met him once while I was on a trip to collect some rare stories, while he was heading towards Ireland. It’s about a girl that might be the girl you told me about. It is about The Beautiful One. Soo – let me see…” turning pages, he continued.

“As a human, she will possess the desire for our kind to kill her. If this story had been put out there for all to know, it would have been more than one person trying to destroy her. She is our delicate balance to our world that some do not want. She is the key to peace in the hidden world. If she is changed, she will possess the power to overcome any one of us. Her name in the beginning was Bella, as it is now as you have stated. She is the Holy Grail if you wish. Bella is much older than you think my dear friend. She is somehow from the beginning of our very existence.”

In confusion, I asked him how this is possible.

“The visionary is very old dear Carlisle. He could not only see into the future, but also see pasts of specific individuals, and Bella was one of them. His visions worked like this…once he saw their future, he was able to go into their past. What he saw of Bella’s was nothing but heartache.”

This was not helpful – the confusion still was growing. “How do you mean?” I was just able to ask my friend, The Registrar.

He continued “Death has always followed her before she turned twenty. Before any vampires that are here to this day, the old ones, the ancient ones had their own tales of the one that would come to strip them of their demons.

The Beautiful One has always attracted our kind, even before the vision had ever been seen. The scent of her blood has always had a high calling to the ancients; they did not understand exactly why, but knew that if she was changed, she could have the ability to change the course of their existence. Simply put, my friend…Bella is the good in our world; she is the purity that they do not want, so it is fitting that out of all in our world that she would have found your family.”

I was puzzled, even more by every detail he told me “Why is that, old friend?”

“Carlisle, do you not see the obvious?” He asked.

“I guess I do not, can you explain it to me?”

“HA HA HA HA” he chuckled, “it is quite simple. You see, she chose your family because you chose not to feed on the blood of the humans. Your family is also the kind ones, although she does not understand this now, but she will when the day arrives that she will be changed. Everything then will make complete sense to her, it will-how do you say-ah yes, come naturally to her.”

“But how did she choose us?” I wondered.

“Oh Carlisle, although she is in her human form, she already possesses the natural abilities that she will have in her vampire state. Yes it is true that she is human, but time and time again has shown us throughout history that she never dies, just becomes transformed, and every time this process is done, she returns to become stronger then the time before. So the one that has been doing this to her for 200 years you say, is not the only one that has done this to your –I should say to our Bella. The visionary they had all those years ago was not as strong as the one I have met, so you see, myself and the visionary are the only ones that know except for one…”