Chapter Two

"Now Quinn, you need to listen to what your sister tells you, and don't forget anything and everything you do is being recorded back home. Don't get into trouble, watch who you're talking to. If you need help with your exams, talk to Gracie. Expect a letter by next Monday." As Roselyn continued to list everything that Quinn needed to do, Quinn's gaze wandered around. She could see the two red headed twins of Gryffindor who had been notorious for causing unnecessary trouble.

"Quinn, let's go." Gracie tugged on Quinn's arm, snapping her out of her trance. Gracie had a desperate look in her eye, one that made Quinn feel uneasy.

Quinn waved goodbye to her mother and as Gracie pulled her away, Quinn stopped and grabbed her sister. "Gracie, what's the matter?"

"Quinn — Malfoy is up to something. He's after you — and I don't think his intentions are good." Gracie looked over her shoulder anxiously.

"Gracie, are you making this up?" Things like this is what worried Quinn the most. Gracie had the tendency to be very paranoid — she always was under the impression that someone was watching her, that something bad was going to happen.

"No Quinn, I promise, I heard him say it. I was looking for Eloise and I walked past the compartment he was sitting in. He mentioned your name so I listened, and he said he was going to try and get you into it. What 'it' is, I don't know. But Quinn, please, stay with me on the train so I made sure he doesn't try anything?"

"Would it make you feel better?

"Much."

"Alright then — it's not like I have anyone else to sit with."

Quinn was sure there was nothing happening with Draco Malfoy, but just to appease Gracie, she would sit with her.

As Quinn sat at dinner that night, she stared at all the other tables. There were Hufflepuffs mixed with Gryffindors, Ravenclaws mixed with Hufflepuffs — Quinn looked at her own table — the Slytherins never mingled with the other houses. Quinn simply didn't understand — why didn't the Slytherins ever mix it up? It was boring to her.

Quinn felt a tap on her shoulder. It was a boy who she knew to be in her year — his brown eyes flickered up to Quinn's for a short second before looking back down to the ground.

"You're in trouble," the boy said in a hushed whisper.

"What?" Quinn snapped her head towards him quickly.

"Shh, don't look at me, you'll draw attention to yourself," the boy snarled. Quinn turned her head back and looked at her plate.

"Be careful of who you talk to. Make sure you're aware of your surroundings. Don't ever sit alone. Your cousin is up to something — you need to watch your back. It's not just fun and games anymore."

And before Quinn could reply, the boy had left, and was now out of sight.