Chapter 2

“Curse! Are you almost ready?” my mum yelled from downstairs. Thank goodness she was back to normal, I hoped at least.

“Uh, yeah, be down soon!” I yelled back, truth was, I hadn’t even gotten out of bed yet. I looked at the alarm clock on my side table and swore silently under my breath. I had twenty minutes to get ready and twenty minutes to walk to school.

I threw the covers off me and started rushing to get changed, skipping a shower so I wouldn’t be late.

I threw on the navy stocking and matching pleated skirt on. I slid on my short-sleeved white shirt not caring that my bra would most likely show through as it was black and lacy and the only one left in my draw.

I threw my bag down the stairs, my mum yelling at me more and chastising me to not do that but I was in too much of a rush to listen. I quickly put on lip-gloss, eyeliner and mascara and didn’t have time to do much else and I grabbed my school blazer off my doorknob and ran downstairs while still buttoning my shirt up. I jumped over my bag, and ran to the kitchen with my blazer in one hand and a brush in the other, I yanked through my hair, thankfully it wasn’t too bad this morning.

Instead of sitting down for breakfast I picked up the still warm toast and held it in my mouth as I yelled out a ‘bye’ as best I could with the toast in my mouth. I put the brush on a table next to the door, slid my blazer on, put on the high heels that I was luckily permitted to wear at school and grabbed my bag. Taking the toast out of my mouth I grabbed my phone of the charger next to the door and walked outside.

I sighed a breath of relive under my breath as I saw the time and that I had just made it, and then I saw I had barely any battery on my phone and that I mustn’t of been plugged into the charger properly last night.

Damn, I thought to myself as it turned off and I shoved it in my pocket.

I headed up the road, munching on my breakfast as I walked. I pulled out the small pocket mirror I kept with me at all times and looked in it. There were luckily no dark circles under my eyes, which was a bonus of sleeping in. My mocha skin luckily free of blemishes today (and that is unusual for me) and but my brown hair that was slightly tinged orange kept falling in my eyes in small ringlets I quickly got the hair tie off the back of my wrist and tied it up in a lose and messy ponytail.

Then all of a sudden the hairs stood up on the back of my neck and a sickly feeling passed over me. I took deep breaths but the feeling wouldn’t fade. I look around but all seemed normal. Well, it all seemed normal until I saw the fringe of the forest.

Standing there was a grey wolf. I instantly stopped in my tracks and froze. I couldn’t call anyone because my phone is dead, I can’t scream incase it takes me as a threat, I can’t run because it would probably chase me. I was trapped. I stood frozen in my tracks. Not sure what to do.

I tried not to look in the wolf’s eyes, but I did pick up on he amber colour they were which sent a shock run throughout my body. I felt like feeling brave today, I didn’t know why. Cause being brave could either mean death or getting to school on time.

I decided brave. Even if I did die. Which wouldn’t be good. And I am starting to talk myself out of my decision.

Be brave. Be brave. I repeated in my head over and over until I was confident enough.

I slowly and cautiously walked down the street, watching the wolf pant and watch me warily too. Then I realized that I could cross the road and put distance between us. The street was deserted of cars and so I crossed the road, running across the grey gravel and when I turned back to see the wolf it was gone. Just like I had imagined it, it had disappeared.

I did a double take, blinked rapidly and rubbed my eyes but it wouldn’t reappear. I think I’m going insane…

I got to school late by a couple minutes, my first period teacher giving a small, exasperated sigh and gesturing to my seat where I walked over and sat down. My seat was in the front (I know right? Best seat in the whole classroom. The one place the teacher can hear you or see you if you pass notes of talk) and I was next to a girl called Lucy and an empty chair. I’d never talked to Lucy, but she watched me sometimes like I was a freak or something, I never got why. But I didn’t let someone looking at me funny bring me down, what she thought of me was the least of my concerns.

“Sorry I’m late.” Came a voice from the door, and my head jerked up instantly to see whom it was. I’d never seen this kid, he looked a lot like Grace had described when she was in ‘incessant not shutting-up’ mode. Blonde hair, dark green eyes, slightly tanned skin and defended features; I had to admit that he was pretty hot. But the instant he walked in the room a funny feeling fell over me.

It was a twist hate, curiosity and disgust. I had no idea why I felt like this, he was really hot so I had no idea why he repelled me. I’d never met this guy before and yet I hated him with a strong passion that I couldn’t understand. I was curious though (the only understandable feeling I had towards him) as he sat down in his chair, never taking is eyes off me.

Class started as my teacher started teaching. I sunk back in my chair, trying to make myself less noticeable if he asked a question.

I turned to my right and saw the new guy glaring at me! I mean come on. I already feel some weird version of hate for him which is very confusing enough and now I have to deal with him glaring at me? Did he feel the twisted hate I did for him?

Don’t be stupid. I told myself mentally. I shrugged it off but he literally wouldn’t stop glaring at me.  I was surprised the teacher didn’t call on him for not paying attention.

As the teacher walked up the back of the room to get something out of the cupboards I leaned over to Lucian and whispered as quietly as I could.

“What the hell is your problem?”

Okay, I must be dreaming. Did he just…growl at me? His glare intensified on me and I leaned back to my seat as it kind of freaked me out.

“Seriously, dude, what have I done?” I asked one more time, still quiet but loud enough for him to hear me. His hands balled into fits and took a deep breath before answering.

“Everything.” He growled and just before I could tell Lucian to stop looking at me the teacher came down the front and handed us paper to pass out to the rest of the class.

Guess I was going to have to endure.

As soon as the bell rung I walked out of class. Lucian ran out of class so when I made it to the hall he was quite a bit ahead of me. I knew that if Grace were here she would be staring at his ass and gushing over hot gorgeous he is. He turned and went to the bubbler and in my head I stated to think how funny it would be if the bubbler water came out too fast and it went all over him.

That would be hilarious! I wish the water would come out to fast and drench him/

A weird feeling crossed me, it was something between power and something else that flowed through me that I couldn’t describe. I tried to shake off the feeling but it wouldn’t go, it lingered and coursed through my body. As soon as Lucian leant down the bubbler water did go all over him and it was hilarious. I had to bite my lip and cover my hand with my mouth to stop myself from falling over into a hysteria of laughter.

But then a thought crossed, how had it happened? Maybe just bad pluming. But then I looked back and saw someone else using it and it was fine. What I wanted had happened.

I had to shake off the glory and the confusion of what just happened as I looked back at Lucian. His white shirt was wet yet every girl in the hallway still swooned over him. His now drenched shirt showed his body, which was (as Grace would say) fineeeeeee.

Wait, what am I saying? One, Grace has dibs. Two, I hate him and I don’t know why. And three, He hates me…I think.

I quickly looked away, but not quick enough to not see the glare and cocky smile that went along with it that was directed at me. Like he still hated me but he was amused and impressed. No idea what I did to deserve that look but as I made my way to class, I guilty and pleased smile crossed my lips.