His shyness, My disability.

I was awakened abruptly when my phone rang at an untimely hour. It was near 2:00 AM in the morning , my mother was calling me right from  the USA .
" Is she drunk? Has she forgotten the time difference between our countries? " , I said to myself.
         "Dear , did you take your medicines? And I had an important thing to convey , today is your father's death ceremony. .. don't forget to ......"
   "Okay ! Mom don't worry, I will do the needful. .....", I hung the phone after saying this.
           I grabbed the arm of my wheelchair so that I could go to the balcony to inhale some fresh air.
I lived in lensedown ,India, a  partly hilly area, my mother and I shifted here in 2008 when I was 12 years old . My mother often tells  me that we had a complete family, my father , mother , a twin brother and me. We lived happily but our happiness was short lived. It was back in 2008 that we returned to India from USA, my father and brother died in the 26/11 terrorist attack. I was hugely injured, my legs have been paralysed since then. That day was not worth reminiscing. ........
          And as I came out of the flash back, I got a glance of Shayaan. Our houses faced each other. He was studying, I waved him a hi  but as always he didn't reply, instead he dug his face even deeper into the book he was reading...
  I have known him for many years but however we never spoke . "Is he shy or he is trying to ignore me ". I spoke to myself.
  We were in the same school , same class but different sections.
I never saw his face properly , he abstained from making an eye contact with me , with everyone but he looked like someone you probably won't notice on a busy road , wheatish complexion, always clean shaved. His features were more like a girl. His lips were extraordinarily pink for a boy .
I don't know why but I was peeping constantly towards his room window. That made him so uncomfortable that he ran away!
  "Nerd! " I exclaimed....
It was our last year in the school, there was one thing common between the two of us. Neither of us had friends.  I always extended a hand of friendship but he was too shy to reciprocate.                The only thing I know about him is that he lives with his father, his mother died of breast cancer when he was just a toddler . Today  when I was leaving for  the school, my wheelchair got stuck , "aaaaah".... "mommmmmm". I fell down from my wheel chair, I was rolling down the hill that I came to a halt . what I saw  were two legs, whose? Shayaan's ."Help", I said. I looked at my wheelchair, it was all broken. "How would I go home?".
The next moment, he was carrying me on his back, it was cold but his back  , it was so warm.....  " Shayaan? I I I
............." and I wasn't in me senses then.
When I opened my eyes , I was  on a bed , it wasn't mine........

Helllooo my readers!
Thanks a lot for reading.
I hope you liked the beginning of the  story ! I have tried my level best in making it intriguing for you all....
    PLEASE KEEP RADING! AND DON'T FORGET TCOMMENT , SHARE AND VOTE ....  THEY ARE HIGHLY MOTIVATING!

TILL THEN ....
LOVE YOU ALL!