Chapter Nine

Miles from Troll Village, the Snack Pack stood silently as Poppy drowned in her own despair. Not one of them knew what to do.
Then, a voice began singing.
You with the sad eyes
The Trolls had never heard such a beautiful voice. Was it an angel, or was it only a dream?
DJ Suki turned her head and saw the gray Troll approach Poppy. He was the one singing.
Don't be discouraged
Poppy looked up at him, then she lowered her head. Branch sat down next to her and placed his hand under Poppy's chin so she could face him.
Oh, I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
The darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small
Poppy's Hug Time bracelet went off. Branch opened his arms, welcoming her. Poppy just gave him a look and covered her bracelet with her hand.
Branch lowered his arms sadly. One by one, the bracelets of the other Trolls went off in a musical tune. Branch knew he couldn't give up. So, he took Poppy's hand and got her back on her feet.
Show me a smile, then
Don't be unhappy
Can't remember when
I last saw you laughing
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
'Cause I will always be there
Suddenly, something amazing happened. Poppy's bright pink color returned to her body!
She was happy again.
And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
Poppy's eyes widened. She faced Branch and smiled at him lovingly. Knowing she had to return the feeling, she began to sing along.
So don't be afraid
To let them show
As Poppy took Branch's hand, his skin turned teal and his hair was a deep shade of blue, almost purple.
You're true colors
True colors are beautiful...
Poppy and Branch began to dance together slowly. And they sang and danced, Poppy's friends got their colors back.
I see your true colors
Shining through (True colors)
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid
To let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow
Oh-oh-whoa-ohh, like a rainbow
Cooper played a harmonica nearby and Poppy's other friends gathered around the couple. Poppy and Branch smiled at each other and shared a loving embrace. The others hugged each other.
“Thank you," Poppy whispered.
“No, thank you," Branch corrected.
“For what?"
“I needed someone to love me," he explained, “but I didn't even know what love is. But then I met you, and... You showed me."
Poppy smiled and pulled him in closer.
“Umm, guys?" DJ Suki interrupted. “We have to get back to the village. Poppy, everyone thinks you're dead. Creek's going to be crowned King of the Trolls."
“But how do we get back in time?" Cooper asked.
“We'll make it," Poppy answered confidently. She looked at Branch and they smiled at each other.

Sorry if this chapter was a little short, but next chapter should be the last.

Until next time. 😘