Beating The Level

Začít od začátku

Leigh pushed herself up and walked around so she could plop down on the cushion next to Jade, figuring she might as well be comfortable as she waited.  

After three more unsuccessful attempts at the level, and three rounds of frustrated shouts coming from the younger girl, as well as a threat to throw her controller at the TV, Leigh-Anne ripped that very controller out of her hand and pressed start.  

"What are you doing?" Jade asked, breathing heavily still after her fit of rage, but also looking at Leigh-Anne like she was crazy.

"I want to try.  Plus, you need a break."

Jade sat back, alternating between watching the screen and Leigh-Anne, furrowing her brow when she saw the character getting farther along than she had ever gotten it to, battling enemies successfully.  She looked back at Leigh, making sure that she was actually playing and that she wasn't in some weird alternate dimension suddenly, jaw dropped as the older girl squealed with delight and did a little jump in her seat.

"I did it!"

Jade looked back at the screen, the words 'Level Complete' flashing as the screen loaded.

"H-...how did you?  ....What?"

Jade just continued to stare at the screen, not even blinking when Leigh pressed the start button on the controller and paused the game.  

"Can we do something now?  I'm thinking a Netflix marathon and some cuddles."  Leigh frowned when Jade didn't respond.  "Jade?"

"You... You beat the level.  On...the first try..."

"I was just pressing random buttons, babe.  I guess it worked... But come on!  Now that it's beat we can-"

"You weren't even trying?"  Jade flopped over onto her side, head landing face down onto the throw pillow.  She moaned and groaned into the pillow, embarrassed that her girlfriend managed to beat the level on the first try after she had been trying for hours.  "You were just pressing random buttons?!  What the hell!?"  Her voice was a bit muffled from the pillow, but Leigh got the gist of her wails.  

"Babe, come on!  Don't be upset.  You're still a better player than me.  I honestly had no idea what I was doing."

"But you still beat it!"

"Jadeypoo, please.  Come cuddle with me and forget about it.  It's just a game."

"I've been trying for hours...."

"Jade."

"And then...you just..."

"Oh come on, crybaby," Leigh cooed, crawling on top of Jade before letting her weight drop onto her since she knew her girlfriend never minded when she did so.  "I'm sorry I beat it, babe.  I didn't mean to."  She forced Jade to move her head a bit so she could press kisses to the side of her face, her lips attacking every bit of exposed skin to try and make the younger girl feel better.  "Forgive me?"

"It's not your fault...I'm just... How did you do that?  I feel like such a failure."

"You're not a failure, love."  She continued kissing, pushing her hands between Jade's waist and the couch cushion so she could wrap her arms around her and squeeze them together.  "It's just this one time, yeah?  You're so smart and talented, and you can do so much stuff that I can't.  Just because you couldn't beat a level of a video game, doesn't mean you're a failure."

"But you did it so easily..."

Leigh sighed, taking a break from her kissing just to nuzzle into the crook of Jade's neck.  "Baby, are you really going to let a video game get to you?  We could be cuddling in our bed right now, watching a movie.  Are you going to pick me, or the video game?"

"Always you.  Over everything."

Leigh-Anne's head popped up from it's hiding spot just as Jade turned her head a bit more, their eyes locking.  Leigh was expecting a joke from Jade, or at least a silly response about how important the video game is...but instead she got this sincere and genuine response that made her heart melt.

"You're so cute," Leigh breathed, leaning in and pressing their lips together, kissing her and rewarding her for being so sweet and loving.  "Now come on, I want to cuddle the shit out of you."

Jade smiled, twisting her body so her back was against the cushions instead of in the awkward position it was this whole time, her face fully exposed.

"Thanks for beating the level for me," she said, straining her neck up to kiss Leigh again, chaste and brief, but it still made both girls feel that same warmth that always comes with the simplest of touches between them.  "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Leigh-Anne finally got all snuggled up with Jade in their bedroom a few minutes later, the video game long forgotten.