Beating The Level

A/N: OMG HI LEIGHADE READERS.  I'm so excited for this...bless.  This is just a small little drabble to get me into the groove, and I saw this prompt on one of those prompt tumblr pages and thought it was cute.  (was originally gonna be for jerrie...but let's give it to leighade ;D)

***

Leigh-Anne put the key into the lock, excited to finally get the door open so she could return home to her lovely girlfriend whom she'd missed all day.  A day at work was always a bore, especially when she had woken up to find Jade all curled up to her, grasping on like she never wanted to let go.  But a paycheck was a paycheck, and if she wanted one then she had to unfortunately leave her little cutie.

But now she was home, body ready to cuddle and relax with her love.

Except Jade looked ready to do the opposite.

"OH COME ON!" she shouted, the sound of her raised voice echoing off the walls of the living room.  Leigh walked a few more steps inside before she spotted the Geordie on the couch, a look of frustration on her face as she angrily smashed a few buttons on her game controller.  The screen went from all black with the words 'Game Over' on it, to a fade in of terrain to signal that the level was restarting.  "This stupid level and it's stupid...UGH!" she mumbled to herself, moving the joystick around as her little character followed along with her controls.  

Maybe some people would've been scared or fearful of Jade and her current behavior, but Leigh loved it.  Jade playing video games was one of her favorite things to witness since she always got so heated and super focused.  Jade can make anything cute, even if she was screaming at a screen.

"Baby, you okay there?"  Leigh-Anne came up behind the couch, leaning down and resting her forearms against the backing so she could duck her head down to press a chaste kiss to her girlfriend's cheek.  Jade grunted and turned her head a bit to the side, eyes still locked on the screen and fingers jamming buttons rapidly, but also asking for a proper kiss.  Leigh-Anne gave her a peck, not wanting to block Jade's vision for too long, but also wanting to satisfy her girl's wants, because why would she not want to kiss her girlfriend?

"Yeah...just can't beat this stupid level."  Leigh-Anne smiled at the sound of Jade's precious little voice, loving how adorable she sounded all the time.  She ducked her head down even lower so she could press her lips to the Geordie's neck, just because she can.  "Baaaaaabe, stop!" Jade whined, squirming.  "I can't focus."

Leigh chuckled against the skin of Jade's neck before reluctantly pulling away, choosing instead to run her fingers through the younger girl's pretty hair, loving the feeling of the thick and numerous strands against her hand.  "Is this what you've been up to all day?"

"Pretty much."

"You're so cute," Leigh watched the side of Jade's face as she smiled from the compliment, "I wish I could've taken off today so I could spend your day off work with you."

"It's alright, you're here now."

"Mhm," Leigh hummed, letting her nose nudge against Jade's head, the strands of the other girl's hair tickling her face as she did so, but she didn't mind.  "So, what do you want to do?"

"Beat this level."

Leigh slumped against the back of the couch, groaning.

"Can't you do that after we spend some time together?"

"Or I could beat it first, and then we spend the whole rest of the day together, no breaks."

"How long have you been working on this level?"

Jade's face went red.  "A few...ya know...hours."

"Jaaaaaaaaaade."

"No, but it's okay!  I'm close to figuring out, and it shouldn't take me much longer.  It's just all about timing, and I think I've almost got it down."