27

"Ah-ro.", the queen called.

"Yes, your majesty?", Ah-ro bowed.

"Go and wake up Su-Jin and Maek Jong. It is time for supper.", she instructed.

"As you wish.", she bowed and went up the stairs.

She took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Princess Su-Jin? Wake up now. It is time for supper and the queen is calling you both."

-

Su-Jin looked up from her notebook when she heard Ah-ro's voice and walked over to the door.

"Hello, Ah-ro. Good evening.", Su-Jin greeted.

"Good evening to you princess. Where is sir Maek Jong? Is he awake already? It is time to eat."

"Yes, he is here. Let me wake him up.", she answered.

She turned to face his bed but she was surprised to see no one.

What? He was here...

Su-Jin went out and walked down the stairs by herself. When she reached the dining room, she was greeted by Queen Jisoo and Ah-ro along with some royal looking men dressed in silk sitting on a long dining table.

Everyone stood up and bowed once Su-Jin entered the room.

"Good morning Princess Su-Jin", they said in chorus.

Su-Jin bowed and smiled at them. She caught the queen's eyes and made eye contact.

"Ah, Su-Jin, my dear, why don't you sit down and join us? It is in fact the right time to eat dinner.", the queen said.

Su-Jin nodded and sat down beside the queen.

They ate their food and talked to one another. The men asked Su-Jin some questions about herself to get to know her better and Su-Jin would politely answer, however, the queen remained silent, deep in thought of where Maek Jong could be. She was pissed off, but she had to control her anger.

Supper ended quickly and soon enough the men filed out of the dining room one by one, thanking the queen and Su-Jin.

"Su-Jin, would you like to go around the palace? I've heard that you are very outgoing. I can have Ah-ro give you a tour.", said the queen.

"Ah, yes, your majesty, I would like that."

"Very well.", was the queen's reply.

"By the way, you may address me as your mother."

She called Ah-ro and told her what to do. Ah-ro nodded and went out with Su-Jin. First, they went to the garden at the back.

"Hey.", Su-Jin started.

"What?"

"Nice to see you again. When did you arrive here?"

"I arrived a day after I left. I didn't really take any breaks that much. I guess you stopped over a lot?"

The two continued to talk as they explored the whole palace.

"I think you should go back inside now. It's getting late.", said Ah-ro once they returned to the garden.

Su-Jin hummed, "Okay then. I shall see you tomorow?"

"Yes."

Su-Jin nodded at Ah-ro and they bid their goodbyes. She watched as Ah-ro went out the gate and walked home. Ah-ro had told her to go back inside, but Su-Jin wanted to stay a bit more and enjoy the night.

"Stubborn, aren't you?"

Su-Jin flinched at the familiar voice.

"Ah, seriously, do not just speak out of nowhere.", she said.

Maek Jong let out a small chuckle before jumping down from the tree branch he was sitting on.

"Go back, it is late."

Su-Jin scoffed and rolled her eyes, a small smirk forming on her lips.

"Look who's talking. Such wise words coming from the person who did not even bother to eat dinner.", she paused and continued to look at Maek Jong with her arms crossed over her chest. She narrowed her eyes,

"Where were you anyway?"

"Nowhere important. Now go back.", he answered dully as he grabbed Su-Jin's shoulders and turned her around.

"Rude.", she mumbled under her breath as he started walking her over to the door.

"I'll be back soon, no need to worry.", he winked.

Su-Jin let out a laugh, "Ha, as if I'm worried! You wish!"

Maek Jong was about to say something back but they were interrupted by a maid.

"Princess, the queen calls for you.", she said.

"I will be there soon, thank you.", Su-Jin replied.

She looked at Maek Jong and narrowed her eyes, "You're lucky mother is calling me."

After that, she walked away.

"So you're calling my mom 'mother' now?", he said in a loud voice while raising his arms.

That's how fast she adopted her?, he thought. Her charm must have worked on my mother...she has never told anyone to call her 'mother'...

hello~

sorry for the boring chapter lmao
mother forgive me
well
i was supposed to publish this yesterday but fuck that i was too busy crying
so here it is
lmao i could have done better but eh
also, tysm for the amazing amount of reads! you all are awesome!