How to Get Away

It's a kind of sickly feeling that you get when you wake up and know that you're going to have a stressful day. Kind of like when you wake up to early for breakfast and then you start feeling queasy and you know it's because you're hungry but the feeling makes you not want to eat a thing. I don't particularly understand how the body can react something even if you don't know what is going to happen or why it's reacting the way it is. However, I do understand the entire 'I'm not going to feel well because it's a big day' thing.

When I woke up this morning, I felt awful. I knew today was a big day, but honestly, I didn't feel like getting out of the bed. I didn't know why, but I just felt like the world had fallen on top of me in my sleep and every muscle and joint was aching and begging me to not move it. So I just laid there, not moving, barely opening my eyes, and it was a wonder that I was breathing because I didn't quite feel like doing much of that either. I was almost asleep, almost, when someone barged in through my doors.

"Zero Kiryu, what the hell do you think you're doing? It is a big day for you, and you better get your ass moving or I'm going to light a fire under you that you'll never be able to put out." She said as she yanked the covers off of my body. I groaned and rolled over onto my stomach so that the light didn't come in through the windows and burn my eyeballs. "You look like pure shit, Zero." She stated bluntly.

"Yes, and I feel like it too. Any other obvious things you would like to point out?" I asked groggily. I didn't want to be awake at that moment any more than I wanted to be a vampire king. "Please just go away. We can do it tomorrow." I said without looking at her, but she clearly wasn't having it.

"As much as I wish I could let you sleep in, I cannot. It has to be today, and no other day. Come on, put some clothes on." She said as she dragged me out of bed, literally.

~

"You look like you were just dragged out of bed, compadre." Kaname said as soon as he seen me. I rolled my eyes at his very existence. "Oh, someone is in a bad mood. Maybe that's why I'm in such a good one." He teased and honestly if I hadn't felt like shit, I would've decked him right then and there. That would have been a great way to get out of being king.

"Can you please just, oh I don't know, leave me the fuck alone?" I snapped and he narrowed his eyes at me. I just knew this wasn't going to end well based off of what I was about to say, but my brain couldn't stop my mouth in time. "You think that just because you're the son of the king and queen that you can just be a brat whenever the fuck you want, and to whoever the fuck you want? I say bullshit, because I don't give a damn who the fuck you think you are, you are not going to treat me like shit." I snarled. Sure, he didn't do anything to me, but I was in such a bad mood that I couldn't control myself.

"The only one acting like a damn brat right now, is you. I don't care how you feel about me, you are not going to treat me like I am below you. I can have your head if I wanted it. You watch your mouth, you piece of fucking shit, or I'll make sure you never get to see the day you become king." He threatened, before realizing what he had said.

"Finally, you said something that actually interests me. I'll much rather have my head given to you than to rule this damn species of disgusting creatures!" I yelled, making everyone turn and look at me in horror. I cursed myself under my breath. "I'm leaving." I said as I cut my eyes at Kaname. He was looking down at the ground with his jaw and fists clenched like he was holding himself back. He followed me out of the door.

"What the hell is your damn problem, kid? One minute you're fine, and the next you're acting like some kind of maniac. I don't know what to expect from you half the time." He said once we were outside.

"Look, I feel like shit, and I just want to go home. There's nothing left for me here. I don't have the capability or energy to do this anymore. I don't want this. I don't want to be here, I want to be a normal kid again with my black hair and my inability to do anything without my brother. I want to know what it's like to enjoy being outside without the sun burning me to death. I can't imagine that you understand what it's like, but I'm sure if you did, you wouldn't be so hard on me." I said in response.

"Y'know, believe it or not, I have actually wished that I could be a normal human for once." He informed me. "Living a life without all of the responsibilities and expectations? Hell yeah, who wouldn't want that? But you're right, I don't understand because you were once that normal kid. You know what it's like to be normal and then one day have everything you had come to know be ripped away from you. I know why you're so angry. I understand that, because if that had happened to me, I'd hate vampires too. Honestly, I don't really like them that much myself, but I don't like humans either so I have to suck it up and keep going. This is what fate had planned for us, and we have to deal with it. There isn't a damned thing that we can do about it now." He said and I sighed. I knew that, I just hated the idea of it.

"I know." was all I said, because what else was there to say? I couldn't argue with anything he said because he would just win anyway. I never had been good under pressure, but I think the stress of it all was beginning to be too much for me.

"Do you wanna like, go out?" He asked and honestly, that sounded great, but I still felt like shit.

"I would love to, but I don't particularly feel like putting nice clothes on and all that stuff."

"No, no, you misunderstand. I mean out, as in go out of the damned country and to some place where maybe not everyone knows who were are. Just, relax for a day or two. It can't hurt anything." He explained, and I nearly salivated at the thought.

"Yes, please. I would love to do that."