Ch.2

Idalia Cassia Rose.

I arrived to the house around 12pm. After I left work, I picked up some Popeyes for me and Dave's and got some cleaning supplies for the house.

Unlocking the door to our condo, I let myself in. When I got in, Dave was smoking a blunt with his back towards me.

"Dave" I said closing the door. Using my mouth to hold the food I put the keys along with our Popeyes on the counter and made my way towards the refrigerator.

Getting no response out of him, I ignored his ignorance and got me a soda out of the fridge.

One thing you should know about me is that I won't kiss your ass. If he choose to ignore me then that's just what he's gonna do.

After getting my soda, I got my Popeyes off the counter and made my way to the table to dig in. I smacked on the chicken purposely and glanced at Dave here and there to see if he was bothered. When I looked over at him again, he was hitting the blunt and blowing the smoke into the air.

Rolling my eyes at him, I finished up my food and threw my stuff in the trash.

"Your food is on--

"Why you late?" he said leaning back on the couch blowing more smoke in the air.

"I lost track of time" I said getting annoyed that he was questioning me like I was a little ass kid.

"So why you ain't call and tell me that?" His Harlem accent came out as he turned around now that he was facing me.

"Bec--  you know what? I don't have to explain shit to you." I said leaving the room.

He always wanna start these little petty ass arguments for nothing. I'm not his child. I'm his bestfriend. It's okay to be worried about me but at this point it's starting to get out of control.

When I got in my room, I just laid down. I barely get any rest. I leave at 5pm to go to work and don't get off until midnight. Having your own clothing line is really stressful and VERY much time consuming.

Good thing tomorrow is Saturday so I can sleep the day away.

Getting out of the bed, I made my way to the shower. I took my clothes off, cut the shower water on, and let the hot water penetrate through my body.

I washed up with my moonlight path soap and then shampooed and rinsed my hair. After that I washed my body a couple more times then got out.

As I grabbed my towel, there was a knock at my door. I wrapped the towel around my body and went to go open the door.

"Wassup?" I said walking away from the door and getting out one of my Victoria secret underwear sets.

Dave

"I wanna apologize for comin' at you like that. You grown and I don't need to be questionin' you like a lil ass kid." I said as I walked in her room and sat on her bed. I watched her every move as she maneuvered around the room.

Instead of responding she just put on her panties and bra like I wasn't here. Which didn't surprise me at all because dis' ain't her first time changin' in front of a nigga.