The Hitch Hiker- Too far away

Authors note:

IM ENDING THIS BOOK 

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER.

THANKS FOR READING<3

                                                           The Hitch Hiker

      I knew down deep that it was taking to long to find out who my mate was and maybe it wasn't the best to find out anyway.. why should I have a mate?

Things were just getting to crazy. 

I sunk into the living room my shoulders slumped, a spark went off inside of me, still exhilarated at the fact that the red headed bitch was gone and maybe I had a chance to get what was mine.

   Squeezing my eyes I rubbed at my forhead trying to get rid of the aching pain of a head ache.. I knew which was soon to come.

I needed a breather, all of this dog hair was making me claustrophobic. How I was being treated.. how they thought of me was probably the worst. How this would all end I didn't know. But the point actually was I was scared.

" Genesis" My name was called lowly. A chill went down my spine as I looked around in bewilderment. raising my eyebrows.

    Looking around  the room which just happened to be empty. I muttered nonchalantly under my breath. Walking towards the open door where the Alpha was I frowned. 

I was ready, I was prepared. I was sure of it. 

After Maria had sent me out of the room, I found myself constantly thinking about the fact that Ember could be out their anywhere. Anywhere that wasn't on the premises. 

Frowning I entered. 

   "So I just wanted to get straight to the point.".

The alpha said staring at me, "It's about time we told you who your mate is.." 

It was about time.

I grinned at him and nervously wrung my hands back and forth.

"Your mate is..."

For God's Sake.

    A loud crash made me jump, I turned around fear decorating my vision. Sending me into a deeper hole of confusion then what I wanted.

"STOP." Sage crashed into the room. 

I looked at him my eyes flaring with relief.

"I think it's best if I tell her." He looked at me tears rimming around his eyes.

"Gen to be honest I wish I were your mate, I think its pretty obvious you like me more than most of those guys." He said pretty cockily a part of him I hadn't seen in a while.

"After all we've been through with Ethan.. and everything, your mate is.. Pa-"

   A piecing scream followed suit, it took me a second to realize that it was coming from me. I watched in horror as Sage fell to the ground his body convulsing his body contorted in the wrong direction. I stared at him my hand finding my mouth and shouted in peer shock.

    Anguish hit me like a hurricane. His limp body lying on the floor I could see his skin getting paler by the second, his eyes closing slowly. I let my lip fall out as tears streamed down my face.

"Sage." Maria and I said at the same time.

I rushed towards him, my eyes wide with fear of the truth. Something I should have of knew all along.. something I should know now.