VII

Sarah's pov.

RECALL - "Remember what i said " my mother said in a deep, scary voice as she rung the door bell.

Tonight is not a night that is one of my favourites. I just have a gut feeling that something  going to go wrong.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Evan looked at me for a brief two seconds, then his eyes flickered back to his mother who was currently talking.

"Where is you husband?" Mrs.Patterson asked my mother.

I looked at my mother and anger flickered through her eyes as she heard those four words. She quickly composed herself and replied,

"He passed away a while ago"

"Oh, I am very sorry for your loss, Mrs.Edwards."

"Please, call me Sally."

"And please call me Janet, this must be your daughter,Sarah"

She nodded her head while Mrs.Patterson shook my hand.

"Yes she is, she is really a piece of work." Mother said, and forced a smile on her face, which made me clench my teeth with anger.

We quickly walked into the house and into the dining room, which was beautifully set up.

"So where is your husband Janet?" Mother asked.

"He left. We don't like to talk about him much." Janet said with a sad look in her eyes.

"Oh"

"Don't let the past ruin our dinner, please sit."

My mother sat next to Mrs.Patterson, while i sat next to Evan.

"Now everybody, dig in" Janet said.

*DURING THE DINNER*

Janet and my mother were talking alot, they probably even forgot we were sitting next to them.

Every now and then, Evan would stare at me which would make me freeze in my position. A small blush would begin to form on my face and i would try to hide it by turning my face in the other direction.

"So Sarah, what do you want to become when you get older?" Janet asked me.

"Well come to think about it, i have always wanted to be a buisness woman but now i am thinking of becoming a doctor"  I said and quickly turned to my mother who was clenching her fist.

Since i was small she wanted me to become a buisness woman, but i have always had a passions for helping people.

"You want to do what!!" Mother said, before Mrs. Patterson began to speak.

"Yes mother I want to become a doctor"

"No daughter of mine is going to become a doctor."

"Why not" i said and began to raise my voice.

"Next time you raise your voice at me, i will raise my fist at you, we will finish this conversation at home" my mother said with hate in her voice.

I instantly regretted raising my voice and i know there will be consequences when i reach home.

"Well, who wants deserts" Mrs.Patterson said and began to walk into the kitchen. My mother angrily got up and went to help her.

"Is she always like that?" Evan asked with a concern look on his face.

"No, she's usually worse"  I said and lowered my head, ashamed.

"Is she the one who beats you? "

My head instantly raised up and my eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you talking about"

"I saw the bruises on your skin that night is it from her?"

"Yes"

"Then why don't you tell someone"

"If i do, it would just become worse." I said with sad eyes. I noticed Evan clench his fist buy didn't say a word.

Both mothers entered the dining room again and dinner was served. For the rest of the night I never looked at my mother once, and i jus sat quietly and enjoyed my ice cream.

When we were about to leave Mrs.Patterson began to speak.

"You both are welcomed here anytime you wish, and Sarah, if your mom is ever busy and you need somewhere to stay, you can come here"

I smiled at her and quickly nodded before walking out the door. Mother talked to Janet and said thanks for everything before meeting me outside.

I waved at them both before walking back to my house. The smile on my face faded as i realised what was in store for me once i entered my house.