The rest of the team started arriving and they were all called in for a briefing about an hour later for a case right there in Virginia. Maryland PD needed the team for a local case and they were all eager to help and since the case was right there the agents could all go back to their own houses for the night. Hotch offered to give Reid a ride home and he accepted. He needed to pick Jack up and Reid didn't have a problem if it meant seeing the younger Hotchner before he was dropped off but when Jack got into the car both Hotchner men were able to convince Reid to stay over at their house and he wasn't strong enough to deny the two men.

SR: I spend more time here than I do at my apartment.

AH: Good.

SR: What are you playing at?

AH: Nothing.

...

...

The three of them had dinner where Jack told them about school and his soccer practice which reminded Spencer about the shirt he received. He tried it on and found that it fit him perfectly.

J: You got it. (He cheered with excitement when he saw Spencer wearing the shirt)

SR: Yes, it was on my desk when I got there this morning.

J: You have to wear it Saturday.

SR: Mm-hm. How did you know my size?

J: My dad told me.

SR: How did you know my size Mr Hotchner?

AH: Well, I happen to be your Unit Chief which means that I have access to all your records.

SR: Misusing your power...

AH: For my son.

SR: I'll forgive you this time then but why didn't you just ask me?

J: Because it was supposed to be a surprise.

SR: You and your evil plans.

AH: All in the name of Jack Hotchner.

J: Hey! Don't blame me for everything.

SR: How about in the name of the Hotchners?

J: That works.

All three of them exhausted from their respective days all went to bed about half an hour later and the Hotchner house was cloaked in silence. A little after four a.m. that silence was disturbed by the chimes on Aaron and Spencer's cell phones alerting them of a case.

*Emergency: All agents of the BAU including technical analyst Penelope Garcia should be at the airstrip in half an hour. Details will be given on the plane.*

SR: Do you know what's up? (He asks as Aaron comes out of his room)

AH: No I don't but we have to hurry up because I still need to drop Jack off at Jessica's.

SR: Is he awake?

AH: No, I'll just carry him asleep, it's too early for him.

SR: Does he need anything packed because I can quickly do it.

AH: No, he has things over at Jessica's too, it's easier that way.

SR: Okay, I'll be done in five minutes.

Ten minutes later and Aaron was carrying Jack to the SUV and Spencer was locking up.

SR: I'll sit in the back with him. (He offered)

AH: Thanks.

The drive to Jessica's house is quick and quiet and when they get there they see her waiting by the door already.