When I was all lathered up I took his shampoo and soap and did the same to him. My hands were shook when I lathered him up. I stood behind him and massaged his shoulders. They were broad and muscular. I felt him shiver under my touch. He looked so dangerous and so fiery.

I had craved this moment my entire life. I wanted him to flirt with me and I wanted him to shower with me. I wanted him close to me and be there for me. I wanted to hold his hands and live in a world where I was Rose Carter not Rose Jacobs.

I wanted Evan to acknowledge my existence as his wife.

My eyes watered. I knew it would never be true. It was just like a beautiful dream that I would have to eventually stop dreaming because it was too good to be true.

I blamed no one else but myself because I had chosen this life for myself.

I loved Evan. I truly, deeply loved him but I wanted more.

I was a woman who had always grown up keeping her head held high. All I ever wanted was some affection and respect from my husband. Was it too much to ask?

"Come back to Earth." Evan's voice broke me out of my pity party.

Well at least I had this moment, I told myself.

*****

I had picked up a bright coloured dress to compliment my mood. Evan wore his charcoal black suit and looked mouthwatering as usual. We both headed to office in separate cars, of course.

"Someone's happy today." Adrian commented.

Adrian was my co-worker. He was similar in age to Evan. He was lean and tall with short copper coloured hair. He wasn't as tall as Evan, but definitely taller than me. He had a very charming personality that made him popular among the crowd. The air around him was always light with laughter.

But we were never close as friends and my husband didn't like me hanging out with other men. His jealousy was unwarranted but I respected it. Not that I agreed with it but that wasn't the hill I chose to die on.

"Yeah, today's a good day."

"I was just going to make myself a cup of coffee. Wanna come along?"

I agreed as I had to make one for Evan as well. I grabbed two cups from the break room and poured coffee. Adrian made one for himself.

On the way back Adrian told me a funny story which made me laugh.

"Oh Jesus! Stop. My stomach hurts from laughing so much." I said as my laughter died down.

"Am I interrupting something important?" A voice said behind us. I stopped in my tracks instantly recognising the voice. Oh no!

Evan stares sent daggers our way. He looked pissed. I was about to speak when Adrian beat me to it.

"No, Mr. Carter. Actually, Rose and I were just talking about our weekends." At the same time Adrian placed his hand on my back.

I stepped in. "Actually, Adrian was here to grab a coffee and I had to bring coffee for you so we just walked together, Mr. Carter."

He took predatory steps towards me. I feared how he would react to this situation. He snatched the coffee from me a little too forcefully. I jumped in surprise.

"This is for me, right?" He confirmed in response to my jumpy reaction.

I nodded weakly and ducked my head down in fear. A moment of silence passed but none of us spoke. I looked up to see Evan facing Adrian with a challenging glare. Adrian had the same expression except that he looked away first.

"In my office, Rose."  The command was enough for me to know that he was mad. Even didn't spare me another moment and walked back. I followed his steps without sparing a glance at Adrian.

Once inside, I saw him place the coffee mug harshly on the desk splattering its contents on the floor and the expensive mahogany desk. He was angry and I didn't have to be a genius to figure out the reason for it.

He pinned me to the wall when I attempted to speak to him.

"How many times have I told you that I don't like any other man around you? Why do you always have to defy me? Or does it turn you on to have other men's attention?" Evan yelled at me with a voice laced with anger. Strong fingers dug through my arms hurting me, but he was far too gone to notice it.

"I just went to get you a coffee. I didn't mean to make you angry. I would never do something like that." It hurt me to hear that he thought I would ever want someone else's attention.

"I am so mad at you. Didn't you see the way he was looking at you? He touched you. You are mine, Rose. Only mine. Only I have the right to touch you, to kiss you and to fuck you. Do you understand that?" He dug his fingers further into my arms making me yelp in pain. He was so dangerous but his anger was unwarranted.

Evan immediately realized what he was doing and released me. I rubbed my arms in order to soothe the pain. He let out a frustrated sound and again pulled me in his arms and kissed me. He kissed me until he was satisfied that I was his, but I knew that was not enough for him. So I said the words.

"I'm yours and only yours." He exhaled a deep breath and pulled me closer to rest his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes not wanting to cry in front of him.

"I'm sorry for hurting you. I hate it when other men look at you like they have got a chance." He was jealous and extremely possesive. Someday I hoped he would realise nothing could please me as much as he did.

"No one's got a chance. I'm madly in love with you."

"Then do as I say, Rose. Stay away from him. I know attraction when I see it and I don't want you to be even in his thoughts." I didn't believe Adrian was attracted to me. My husband thought I was pretty enough that allen wanted me but that was simply not true.

But I didn't want us to fight anymore. There were too many issues already.

He embraced me firmly as if locking me away from the rest of the world. I had no doubt he'd lock me away far from the world, if given a chance, just so that he could have me all to himself.

Evan held me long enough to make confirm my doubts.

• • •

What are your thoughts about Evan?

Vote
Comment
& Share

Follow me on Instagram @authoreval for teasers on the next chapter and to know about my next book. You can also DM me fan arts to have your work featured in the upcoming chapters.