Legends and Blood

A little while after I made my observation that Sherlock Holmes's wand is nearly an exact replica of mine, the scarlet train begins to slow down.

"We're there already?" I ask, rubbing the condensation that had formed on the glass window because of the turrets of icy rain pouring down outside away, trying fruitlessly to peer outside.

"No. We should arrive in about an hour. We're only stopping because of some difficulties, I think."

The train slowly begins to move again as soon as he finishes, as if on cue.

"Hm, the trip has seemed to pass much faster than it normally does, under the circumstances." Sherlock states, matter-of-factly.

"Sorry?" I ask, turning back to face him.

"Most of the time, when I speak to other students, they're just so dull that the time seems to drag ever so slowly. No one ever talks about anything worth listening to, anyway. Yesterday, some old wizard asked me a question about the solar system. Boring!" He rolled his multicolored eyes to the ceiling

"But it's the solar system!" I ask, thoroughly amazed. "How is that boring?"

"It's not crucial for you to know why," Sherlock mutters. "I just don't really care."

"Well," I say, perched on the edge of my seat now. "Can you tell me you at least know what the Earth revolves around?"

"What does it matter? It's not as if it's important-" he says, getting slightly agitated now.

"But it's the solar system! It's immensely important-"

Sherlock raises his voice louder to finish his sentence and cuts over me.

"It's not as if it's important to my work, John. By the way, in John H. Watson, what does the H stand for?" He pushes a lock of hair out of his eyes that had fallen forward as he argues with me.

My breath catches in my throat at his slight movement, but I recover quickly.

"Shut up about my name, and what work? You're only in sixth year! It's not like you have an actual job..."

"I'm a consulting detective. The only one in the entire magical world, actually. I invented the job. Does the H stand for... Henry?"

"No! And... what's a consulting detective?"

He sighs, obviously annoyed with me.

"What-"

At that moment, a shortish, pretty brunette girl opens the door to our compartment shyly and peeks in, blushing deep red as her eyes land on Sherlock.

"Uh- Sherlock. Hi. Um-"

"Hello, Molly."

The girl, Molly, apparently, seems to take his words as encouragement to enter. When she does I can she she's actually very pretty and a Hufflepuff.

"Lestrade sent me-"

"Ah, Gary must have a case! Finally, it's been ages. Oh and this is John Watson," Sherlock says, remembering that I was there.

I smile and wave at her but she just blushes darker and turns back to Sherlock.

"Greg, Sherlock. His name is Greg. And yes, he does have something I think."

"Is Anderson going to be there?"

I look back and forth from the two of them as if watching a game. I didn't know who Anderson was, but Greg Lestrade was in Gryffindor with me and we were actually pretty good friends.

"Well, yes, Sherlock. He is very good at potions, after all."

He rolled his eyes up to the ceiling and groaned at the prospect of meeting this Anderson person. Whoever it was he must annoy Sherlock out of his mind!

"Fine, I'll go. John, will you join me?"

"What?" I ask, slightly startled.

"Great, let's go!" he says and strides out of the compartment, leaving me to sit, slightly stunned, in his wake. After a minute I stand and follow, Molly close behind me.

"Would it be alright if I looked at your wand?" She asked quietly. "It just-"

"Looks almost exactly the same as Sherlock's, yeah. I know." I mumble, thinking deeply.

"What?!" She gasps. "I was just curious about the type of wood- but- it's exactly the same? Are you sure?" Molly whirls around to stare at me.

"Fairly, yeah. Why, what's wrong?" I ask, thoroughly confused by her outburst.

"Well- there is a legend- you know, if you believe that kind of stuff."

"What kind of stuff?" We have stopped walking at this point because of the intensity of Molly's gaze, but we continue just to keep up with Sherlock. Who is safely out of earshot.

"Like the superstitious stuff. You know, 'Wand of Elder, never prosper'. Weird old sayings like that. Anyway, there's one about matching wands. Whoever has a wand that matches with yours- well, is your soulmate."

I stood stock still for a minute, digesting this new bit of information.

"W-what?" I ask finally.

"It's nothing. Just an old saying that's all. It's not like you two are..."

"No." I said firmly.

"Well, well, well! Look what the freak dragged in." A new voice said, rather loudly, and a Slytherin girl emerged from the compartment next to us.

"Hello, Sally."

"Who are you?" The dark haired girl stared at me with a bit of curiosity and pity. "Did freak follow you home?"

"No." I responded coolly. "Sherlock... is my friend."

This took Sally by surprise. She looked at me now with an expression of deepest distaste on her features.

"Well, go right on in then," she said and stood aside.

I did, and immediately gasped in shock.

"What happened?" I ask loudly.

"Oh, hello John!" Lestrade walked up to me. "A right mess, isn't it?"

"That's a bit of an understatement," I mumble.

There was a student lying on the floor, face down, in a puddle of blood. And it was everywhere. The walls where even splattered with the stuff.

"So... this is what you, uh, do, huh, Sherlock," I said. "Murders."

"This wasn't an intentional murder..." he muttered. "It was an accident."

"Yeah I hate it when I accidentally murder someone," Sally sniggered from the corner.

----------------------------------------------------
AUTHORS NOTE: I am so sorry liKE SO SORRY YOU HAVE NO IDEA IM SOOOOO SOORRRRYYY FOR NOT UPDATING I HAD WRITERS BLOCK AND NO WIFI

Thank you to all the lovely people who commented helpful stufffffff

I LOVE IT. WHEN. YOU. GUYS. COMMENT.

(Sorry I didn't know where to end this chapter so I just sort of did)

Yeah

SO

CAKE

KESESESESESESESESESESESESESESESESESES~ (if u understand the awesomeness comment)

BAI GUIZE LUV Y'ALL