"Ugh," she shook her fists to the heavens. "You irk me."

"I love you too, boo," he shook her chin. "If I go, I'm bringing Tyee. It's about time y'all finally met."

Her face fell into a pout. "Ugh, I keep forgetting you have a guy now. I wanna be somebody's somebody."

"You are. Y'all just playing stupid."

Jamie fell against the lockers. "No one is playing stupid. It's just complicated."

"Well un-complicate it bitch." His advice was given as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

"Yeah, let me just suddenly be 18 and out of high school," she sarcastically spat. "He wouldn't go anyway."

"Girl please, after everything he's done so far," he pointed. "It may not be completely physical but he's showing that he's willing to go further than y'all taking it. Ya just...Gotta...Take the plunge..."

"Actually, I've been thinking of doing the opposite."

Henry rubbed his temples, "What? Chick, make up your mind. You gotta dude. Not one of these boys, but a grown ass man fiending for ya cookies. Didn't you just say you wanted one? You know what," He held up his hand to keep her from speaking. "Don't even answer that."

"Henry..."

"Nah, I don't have anything else to say about it," he shook his head. "You do what you do boo." He twirled around her, heading for class.

"But Henry," she groaned while catching up to him.

"Just chill," he shrugged. "Stop overthinking it and let it flow. Seriously, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this, girl. Just let it be." He nudged her shoulder lightly. "I'll catch you after school alright?"

For the first time, the class seemed to drag. She racked her brain as to why. It didn't take long to realize the reason. It was him. It was her feelings. It was their actions.

She was Eve convincing Adam to enter the garden and eat the fruit from the forbidden tree. Although he did seem willing, she knew if she allowed it, it'd do far more damage than good.

"So, did your boy tell you what he said to me last week?"

The question pulled her from her trancelike state. She was so engrossed in it that she hadn't notice the room was now vacant. "Huh?"

"I said, did Henry tell you what he said to me last week?"

Jamie began to pack her things. "No, he didn't tell me anything. What did he say?"

"He called me a daddy..." Jamie shot him a quick glance. "Is that what you see me as, a daddy? I'm by no means a sugar daddy, Jamie."

"T--that's all Henry," she stammered. "He gotta thing for daddies. He's weird and too much. Really too much."

"Yeah," he agreed watching her throw on her coat. "You're not staying for a bit?"

"No," she slipped on her beanie, trying her best to avoid making eye contact. If they locked eyes, it would be all over.

"Why?"

"I just--I have some things I need to take care of."

He made his was over to her, cupping her chin. "Hey," he turned her head towards him. "What's wrong? Did I do something?"