+2+

I hold my knees to my chest as I watch the snow fall outside. The distance clock tower chimes through the hospital and I sigh as I rest my head on my knees. Dong. One am. The lampposts outside make the snow falling look a warm yellow color. I look at my nurse in the hall, he's passed out. I jump out of bed and walk to the couch, sitting on it and rest my arms on the small windowsill and watch the snow fall. I want to open the window, feel the air. I want to know what cold feels like and a hug...a kiss.

No ones allowed to touch me unless I go into cardiac arrest, which never happens. The closest people are allowed to be around me is to brush my hair when I'm to tired too, otherwise they're as far as they can. Besides Ashy. She thinks that if people touch me they died and she's obviously ready for death. She smokes like, three packs a day. I'm to awake to go to sleep no matter how long I close my eyes. I stand up and walk to the door. He still asleep. I've never seen this nurse before. I walk to my bored to find out his name. Plagg. That had to be a nickname. I look at his name tag.

| Kwami, Plagg | Nurse | 25 |

I walk past him and down the hall. I'm not suppose to be walking around but I do it anyway. Nurses walk past me and eye me but I act like I'm sleep walking, eyes drifting, feet dragging, slight snoring. I open the door to the stairs and walk down them to the garden. I cross my arms as I look up at the three bridges going over them. I've been all over this hospital and know all to well that those bridges, if they break you'll die. They're made out of concrete and steel. I look at the snow collecting on the glass. It looks like it's going to break. Happy day for me when it breaks. I'll experience snow. The glass broke when I was six and I wanted to go see it so bad but Ashy said that if I touched it it would kill me. I now know she was lying.

I walk out of the garden and down the halls and into the Baby Wing. Moaning, groaning and screaming fill the hall but I ignore it. A peak through an open door just as he baby pops out of her body. I walk past it and stand in front of the baby window. All babies have to stay in this room for twenty four hours before they can go to a house. I was that lucky baby who stayed longer. I walk further and find the small part of the hospital that the premature babies stay. I look at that ladies baby from the garden. Her baby is so small, his hand barley able to close.

I walk through it and somehow manage to get to the other side of the hospital, the ER. I see a woman with a large sheet of glass getting pulled out of her arm, a guy with a fishhook through his finger. The doors fling open and I watch as a little girl covered in ashes has a breathing mask covering her nose and mouth as a nurse starts doing chest compressions. I only hear a small bit of things they say. House fire, Mom dead at scene, brother on the way, Dad dead on arrival, six years old. I bite my lip as I watch her eyes shoot open. I walk past the large doors and down the hall. I can't take the elevator. I always get caught on those.

I walk up the stairs and back to my room. I lie back in bed as the clock tower sounds in my ears. Dong, Dong. Two am. Plagg opens his eyes in his chair and only does it to change his position to sleep better. I roll my eyes. "You can sleep on the couch." He looks at me. I motion my head to the couch by the window and he gets up from the chair and lies down, soon falling asleep. I wish I slept like that.