Chapter 68: Suspicion

Start from the beginning

"Mikaze-san, do you really like Kaori-chan?"

"Yes. Without a doubt in my mind and heart, I like her very much; I wouldn't let go of her."

Naoto-san smiles. "Haha. I can tell by the way your eyes look at her. Don't let your love for her go to waste, you hear me? Do your best to keep her. I'll tell you something; just don't tell it to other people. When I was studying at the academy, I had a girlfriend back then; she was a fellow composer. We knew that it was against the rules to have a romantic relationship but we couldn't help it; we loved each other. We did our best to hide it but one day, we made a mistake and Saotome-sensei found out about our relationship."

"What happened after?"

"Not only did Saotome-sensei make us break up, he made sure that there was no time for us to see each other until we graduated. We got busy and because of that, the fire burned out and we became workaholics; we never got to see each other during and after graduation. When I think about her, I can't help but feel guilty. I felt that I should have fought harder for her, you know. She was a special person and will always be in my memories; I can't get over her. Listen, if ever Saotome-sensei finds out about you two, be strong. If you really love her very much, then you really won't let go of her."

The party continued with everyone getting hooked up at karaoke and drinking some good sake. When Oruma-san was really drunk, I asked someone to substitute for me and went back to Ai before Oruma-san could realize I switched out.

"Finally, I can sit down and eat! Oruma-san wouldn't give me a break!"

"Haha. You seemed to be enjoying yourself though."

"I did. It was tiring but fun! Why don't you go and sing as well, Ai?"

"It's alright. They might not let go of me after I join them; I wouldn't want that."

I looked at the food on the table and they sure all look delicious! I don't know which to try first! Maybe the salmon? Tuna? Eel? Beef? Chicken?

"Kaori."

I turned to Ai. "Ye—Hmphn?!"

"Does it taste good?"

I nodded since my mouth was full. I can't believe he just fed me the piece of food with his mouth! T-that's too much, Ai!

"Do you want more of that?"

I swallowed the food in my mouth. "Yes, it's delicious! But don't do that again!" my face blushing red as he looked at me teasingly.

As time passed, Naoto-san became drunk from all the sake he drank; he's a talkative drunk. Looking at everyone, I think they're all drunk; it's only Manager-san, Ai, and I who were still sober since we weren't drinking alcohol.

"Naoto-san! Let's sing a song!"
"Okay! Okay! What do you want to sing?!"
"Let's sing whatever!"
"Whatever? I don't know that song!"
"Whatever! Whatever! This song is not real! Whateveeeer!"
"So that's how it goes! Whatever goes! Whateverrrr! Whateberrrr!"
"Berrrr! Berrrr! Burrr!"

*cough cough cough*

I choked on my drink as I watched Naoto-san and one of the singers make up such a silly song out of nowhere; it's so funny to watch! Now some of the female singers are dancing to their song! I hope someone is recording this on video!

"Haha! *cough cough* Hahaha!"

"Take it easy; you spilled some water on yourself."

"Haha! I couldn't help it! They're so funny!"

Ai smiles and hands me a handkerchief to wipe myself with.

"I agree with you, Kaori. They're really silly to watch; they've lost themselves to the alcohol."