Chapter 46: Breakfast

Start from the beginning

"Huh?"

"You face seems to be a bit red. Do you have a cold or a fever?"

The door of the cafe opened and the bell on the door rang, signifying customers have arrived. The staff greeted them kindly and it was Mikaze-senpai and Syo. I immediately buried my face back into my hands when I saw a glimpse of their faces.

Syo yawned and then saw me and Natsuki and so he and senpai went over to us.
"*yawn* Good morning guys!" Syo said.

"Good morning Syo-chan, Ai-chan."

Syo then looks over to me and notices that I won't look at them.

"Kaori? Are you alright? Hey Natsuki, what's wrong with her?"

"I'm not sure, Syo. She was perfectly fine a while ago but then she suddenly became quiet and she keeps covering her face. Actually she looked a bit reddish when she lifted her head a few minutes ago."

"Eh? Kaori, are you sick?"

I still refused to lift my face but replied to Syo. "No. I'm fine. This is nothing. I just got a little headache, that's all."

I then felt someone grab one of my hands and pulled it off all of a sudden; he then lifted my face up from my chin.

Syo gets surprise by Mikaze-senpai's sudden action. "Whoa! Hey Ai, what are you—"

"Her face is quite red." Mikaze-senpai said. He then placed his other hand on my forehead.
"She's shaking quite a bit and her temperature seems to be a bit higher than normal."

I automatically pulled back after a few seconds; I was caught in surprise and I really wanted to go back to the dorm already.

"Eh? Then Ori-chan is sick?"

"Ah! No, Natsuki! I'm not sick at all. This...um, this is nothing at all; I'll be back to normal after a while. I promise. Maybe I'm just having some jet lag from waking up so early. Let's just order already since we're all here."

Syo's face became worried and he became suspicious of me. "Well...alright. But if you do feel sick or something, just tell us and we'll send you back right away."

I nodded and Syo sat down right next to Natsuki while Mikaze-senpai sat beside me; he called for a waiter for the menus. The menu had a lot of delicious food written on it.

"Good morning and welcome to the cafe, what are your orders?" the waiter said as he took out his notepad and pen.

Syo was really hungry so he ordered right away.
"I'll have the spaghetti and meatballs meal."

"I'll have the French toast and eggs meal." Natsuki said.

"One, chicken and herbs meal." Mikaze-senpai said.

"Um...what's your best selling breakfast meal?" I asked the waiter.

"We have two best sellers for the breakfast menu. One is the chicken and herbs meal and the other is the salmon and vegetables meal."

"I'll have the salmon and vegetables meal then but can my drink be changed to tea instead of coffee?"

"Yes, we can change the drink to tea."

"Okay. Thank you."

The waiter then left after taking our orders; we decided to have some small talk while waiting.

"Syo-chan, Ai-chan, why did you guys take a while to get here? Did you get lost?"

"Actually, Ai-senpai and I left the room a few minutes after you left. We were at the lobby of the dorm waiting for Kaori."