I entered the boardroom again noticing Edwin and Edward looking at me curiously. They may silently question me but they would never be so bold as to say something.

"Where were we?" I asked as I took my seat at the head of the table.

"Defense. Our weapons department is developing new technology. They would like an increased budget for the year."

"We can't support an increase," I stated.

"We can cut back on the welfare programs," Sarah suggested.

"No," I said.

"Where else are we going to cut?" Edwin asked.

"We can cut your salaries," I suggested. My sense of humor was rather dry and it was difficult to tell when I was joking.

They all fell silent and tossed nervous glances around the room. I rolled my eyes.

"I was joking. Relax."

They seemed to release a sigh of relief almost simultaneously. God forbid I touch their beloved salaries.

"Why don't we cut one percent from each department and push it into weapons?" I suggested.

"Agreed," Edwin said.

The rest nodded in agreement. I didn't like cutting from others but it was necessary. We needed to develop new technology to aid in the war against the wolves. We were fighting on all fronts and I wasn't sure how much longer we could hold off the vampires, wolves, and witches. It was putting a massive strain on us and we desperately needed the new technology.

"Moving on," Edward prompted, "What is the status of the group responsible for Lazarus' death?"

"Micah said he will handle it and he will," I responded even though I was losing faith in him as well.

"If he won't handle this then we will be forced to veto your order," Edward responded.

My temper flared at his insubordination. How dare he think he could ever overrule me. The point of me being in power was to rule the race the best way I saw fit.

"And cause a full scale war? What happened to your common sense?"

"You are blindly following Micah just the way he wants."

"No. I am being politically correct so I don't risk annihilation. If you are going to be stupid enough to chose to act against him, you will be exiled. Would anyone else like to question me?" I demanded in a low, deadly, tone.

"No, Your Majesty," the rest responded quietly.

"Good. I think we've done enough for today. Sarah, will you submit the approved budgets so they are on time?"

"Yes, Your Majesty," Sarah responded.

I crossed my arms and sat back in my chair while the others cleared the room.

I was left alone in the giant conference room even though I didn't necessarily want to be alone.

"Your Majesty," a servant girl called my attention to the open doors.

"Yes?"

"The vampire princess is here to see you," she informed me.

I cocked my head to the side, unsure if she was mistaken. William' sister was here to see me? But why? She had very little political standing. Her expertise was more in the realm of fashion and beauty. From my understanding, she wasn't totally vapid but she had little interest in ruling or anything concerning politics.