Alice's eyes darkened intensely at my question. Her lips curled back and she let out a low, rumbling growl that caused her entire body to vibrate.

"They. Will. NOT," she snarled venomously. "I will killthem before they can even think of trying to do that, mark my words. Do not even start to believe that I would ever let those damned mongrels get their stinking paws on you."

I grimaced at the underlying threat in her voice and realized that I'd upset her. Smooth.

"I'm sorry Alice, I didn't mean to make you angry," I murmured, giving her an apologetic look.

Alice's face softened and she shook her head. "Oh no, Bella, I didn't mean to snap at you. I just don't like that you're thinking that way." She zoned out for a moment, her eyes glazing over as a vision hit her. When she came out of her, her brows knit together. "Bella...you were having nightmares about this? Why didn't you tell me about it?"

"I didn't want to scare you?" I offered.

Alice closed her eyes and pushed me down onto the bed, crawling on top of me a moment later, curling her arms around me and making certain that our foreheads were pressed together. Her honey orbs gazed into mine with nothing but love and warmth, showing that I meant the world to her and that she knew I felt the same way.

"Bella..." Alice paused and sighed. "I don't understand why I have to keep saying this. I mean, I get that this isn't something you're used to, I can understand that much. But I've told you time and time again, and yet you don't seem to hear me. So I will tell you one more time and I never, ever want you to forget it, do you understand?"

I bit my lip again, lightly chewing it. "Yes Alice," I replied, knowing that saying "no" would never work because she would keep at it until I gave in and said yes.

"Good. Bella, I love you," she stated firmly.

I rolled my eyes. "Alice, I know-" She cut me off with a fingertip to my lips.

"No. Let me finish first, okay?" she asked, kissing my forehead. "I. Love. You. You are my world; I want you to remember that. So when something bothers you, no matter what it is, I want you to tell me. And then I want you to forget about it. I want you to stop worrying about things that aren't worth your time. In fact, I never want you to worry ever again, because I will always be there to take care of your problems, I promise you."

She held my gaze, making sure that she meant every word that she said. I pulled her closer to me and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"I understand," I murmured.

Alice smirked and kissed my cheek, letting her lips linger. "Good. Now let's head downstairs and get you something to eat, hm?"

I frowned. "I'm not hun-" I stopped when my stomach let out a rumbling growl that sounded something like a demented lion, much to my embarrassment.

I blushed as Alice let out an airy laugh, kissing me tenderly on the lips upon finishing.

"Oh Bella, you amuse me sometimes," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, give me a break. What's for lunch, by the way?"

Alice giggled again as she stood up, me in her arms as always. I was used to being carried around most of the time, despite my initial reluctance in allowing it. I used to feel bad because I felt as though I was forcing Alice to do it, but she idly waved off my protest and told me time and time again that she loved carrying me. Even after that, I felt odd having her carry me. But I didn't put up a fuss about it anymore and just let her, especially since I'd grown to enjoy it.