Chapter 2

SKYLARS POV

"Do I have to?" I groan as Jeremy dragged me out of the car and through the snow towards the small house. Personally it didn't really impress me. It was a small two story house with minimal land and it looks a little old. But hey, if the house satisfies them, then who am I to judge?

"You have to meet them Sky, the longer we wait then the more they are going to hate Me." he told me. I frowned at this.

 "I thought you said that they are fine with these arrangements?"  I asked him as we stood on the front porch. He sighed.

"We all are. Well kind of. Well, not really. You see, my oldest daughter and me got pretty distant after the divorce, my son... well I'm not too sure about him. He is always positive about everything and either he is never upset or he is really good at hiding it. And my younger daughter, she doesn't really understand about the divorce. After all she is only four." Jeremy explained. I nodded at his every word.

I fixed my hair at the front door and then rang the doorbell. Soon enough the door opened revealing the most gorgeous little girl in the world. She had big brown eyes with really long and dark eyelashes. And beautiful golden hair that was in natural beach waves.

Wow. I'm jealous of a four year old.

"Daddy!" she squealed jumping into Jeremy's extended arms.

"Hey Abby! How yam doing?" he asked chuckling. She shrugged.

"I'm okay. Who is she?" she asked pointing to me when Jeremy put her down.

"Abby, meet Skylar. She is your new.... uh... hum..."  I chuckled at how loss of words Jeremy was. But how would you describe your girlfriend to your daughter who doesn't understand about the divorce? I gave Jeremy an amused look before bending down to Abby's eye level and extended my hand.

"I'm your new friend." I said giving her a smile. She smiled back and shook my hand in a shy manner.

"Your pretty." she stated. I resisted the urge to 'awe'. "Want to play with me?" she asked, excitement dancing in her eyes. As cute as she is I tried not to cringe. Playing with kids is not my forte. And no level of cuteness will change that.

"I'm sorry. Maybe another time."  I politely declined. The gleam left her eyes making me feel guilty but she nodded. Soon a beautiful woman walked towards us.

"Hello! You must be Skylar! I'm Eve." she introduced. I stood up and fixed my light blue dress and hair. Then I shook her hand.

"Hi! I'm very glad to be here!" I said enthusiastically. Liar. The voice in the back of my head taunted. Eve was beautiful! I now can see where Abby got it. Though Jeremy got his fair share in the genes.

"Wonderful! I see you already met Abby. "She observed pointing to Abby who was now in the living room playing with some dolls. Wyatt! Alyssa! Come over here!" she called out. Soon a boy came out looking just like Jeremy, and a Girl that looked just like her mother. "Wyatt, Alyssa, this is Skylar, you fathers girlfriend." she introduced.

I couldn't help but notice that when she said girlfriend she said it in a cheerful tone. No hint of jealousy, no hint of sadness.

"Hi!" I said cheerfully. The kids mumbled 'hellos'. And we stood there in an awkward silence. Alyssa was glaring at me while Wyatt stood there glancing towards the kitchen with hunger.

Soon Jeremy came to the rescue. "Well why don't we go eat!" he said clapping his hands once. Eve's eyes widened.

The spaghetti!"  She yelled racing towards the kitchen. Jeremy chuckled.