Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE-Solitude Oh How I Loathe You

Small raindrops pitter pattered onto the slick wet stone.A man walked down the street in it.He was quite handsome.He was wearing a long Brown trenchcoat and he had Brown hair that was spiked up in the front.His tired Brown eyes looked up at the gray sky.Yes.Bland.Bland came to mind when he observed the setting.Everything was too Gray,Brown,dull,and lifeless.But he didn't care.Simply walked on.He didn't know where he was going,or what he was doing but one thing was on his mind."Stay away from everybody.Stay away from everything.Clear out of everyone's way.Don't touch anything.Make it safe for others.Keep it safe for others.Don't lose track of your objective.Stay strong.".He wandered to a small bridge and paused.He slowly turned his head,looking down at his reflection in the surface of the water.It rippled and swayed as small circles delicately touched the surface as small drizzles of rain fell.Water dripped off his nose and hair.It cascaded down his coat and he was deep in thought."What has become of me?Why must I be so alone?".Yet that tiny nagging feeling in his mind knew the answer.He KNEW the answer."You can't have friends.You can't interfere.You can't associate with people.Your trouble.Causing pain everywhere you go.You should be ashamed.Think of it.All the people that have died in the name of the Doctor.".He replayed it all very vividly.Every person that's died while with him.Every person that has never been the same since meeting him.Every person that was let down,or emotionally hurt,or left,or rejected by him.Every person who he unconsciously hurt beyond repair.Flashes of memories went through his head.Gallifrey.That was one of the worst.He let a tear silently fall as he thought of his home.Destroyed by Daleks and forgotten by time.No more left.No Timelords left to comfort him.He was alone.But it was safer that way.His head snapped up and he tore his gaze away from his reflection,a look of annoyance slowly returning to his face.He kicked a small pebble,watching it roll forward.Slowly,he made his way to the street and out of the park.Alone and wet,he wandered around observing everyone.Soon enough he returned home.Home.He softly chuckled.Home was a small blue box,chipping paint and sitting there collecting dust.Barely big enough to fit a single person.But he shoved his key into the door and opened it to something else.A huge control room.Huge.The center was a control panel with many switches,levers,and lights.There was a couch beside it and a thin silver railing surrounded it.He threw off his coat and left it on the railing.He sat down and rubbed his face,sighing in worry.'No.',he exclaimed out loud.'No I will not simply fade from existence.I must do SOMETHING.',he decided.He jumped up and ran to the door,swinging it open.Just as he slammed the door shut and turned around,he ran straight into a pair of blue eyes.Next thing he knew,he was laying flat on his back with books laying over his chest and face.He picked a few up and handed them to the girl he had just ran into.She had dirty blonde curls and bright blue eyes."Sorry!",she mumbled.She collected all her books and threw them into her bookbag.She pushed a curl from her face and then smacked her forehead.'That didn't happen!',she said as she helped him up.The Doctor stared at her a moment more before letting out a small chuckle and nodding,then walking away."That was interesting but I must not get close to people.I have to be cruel to keep others safe.",he thought.He walked to a small coffee shop,the smell of cakes,coffee,and biscuits overwhelming.He went in and purchased a small toffee latte.He went outside to sit at a table.He sat down and set his coffee on the small black table with intricate lace pattern cleverly shaped to form the table.Suddenly,a small lithe female plopped herself across from him.'Ello its been SO LONG since I've seen you!!!What have you been up to so far??',she asked cheerily.Her glowing,catlike green eyes pierced his Brown ones.She casually flicked a dark Brown piece of hair from her face and smiled.'I don't know you so go away',he said sourly.She looked hurt then flashed another grin,but her eyes told another story.They were desperate.She quietly whispered as she took his hand.'Just go along with it off you want me to live.',she said lowly.Concern filled his eyes and he slowly nodded.'I've been okay....I guess.What have you been doing?',he asked.She smiled gratefully and sat back in relief.'Oh nothing much.Been here and there,exploring the possibility of time travel and and studying the space time continuum.',she said casually.The Doctor blinked,amazed.This human seemed different.She seemed more....insightful....than others..She looked to the left then sighed in relief and let her eyes droop,her smile quickly fading.'Danger is gone now I'm assuming so I will leave you now.',The Doctor said rudely as he walked away with drooping shoulders.She ran up to him with wide eyes.'Oi!!Not so fast!I need to thank you for helping me out there!!',she said with a smile.She gently grabbed his shoulder to stop him but he rudely shrugged her off.'I don't have time to talk to you.',he spat.A deep pang hit his hearts as he said that.He didn't want to be rude but he knew it was for the best that he drove. her away.Especially since she was smart and pretty.Her eyes were filled with hurt and she stepped back a bit.Suddenly,she looked up and took something from her pocket.She showed it to him.It was a pocket watch.A golden pocketwatch with Gallifreyan writing on it.His eyes widened.'No but that means.....',he trailed off as he stared at her.She was merely staring back,pain still obvious in her eyes as she held up the watch.

*********CUE THE DOCTOR WHO MUSIC!!!!!*************

A/N:lol I bet you guys thought that little Blue-eyed Blondie was going to be important but she's not!!!Ha!!!Plot twist!!Lol so who's the Ex-Timelord female?What's her name?Why was she in danger?How did she know he was a Timelord too?SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!GAHHHH!!!!lol well enjoy!